TAH No bleeding? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 08-18-2011, 06:01 AM
Re: No bleeding?

Don't worry....many women don't have any discharge at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2011, 06:27 AM

I was actually very surprised that I didn't bleed after surgery. I even asked my doctor when the bleeding would start. He told me that IF I was going to bleed, it would be around week 4 or 5.....after the internal stitches started to dissolve!!! Here I am, over 3 months later, and not one spot of blood. So liberating after having the horrible periods I had. I was used to bleeding 3 weeks out of the month!!!! Cannot tell you all how much I do NOT miss that!!!
Unread 08-19-2011, 06:48 PM

I didn't bleed either. They did not place a pad on me after surgery. There was brownish discharge on the bed pad in the hospital.
Unread 08-19-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennig View Post
Just another random thought -- I never bled after my surgery... I mean the first time I peed i had some tissuey blood for about 1/2 a day... and since then nothing.

Is that normal Im reading so many woman bleeding.
I had the same thing. I guess it depends on your body, your surgery and your surgeon.
Unread 08-20-2011, 06:50 AM

I just had mild spotting for the first 2 days. Gotta love not bleeding anymore!
Unread 08-20-2011, 07:38 AM

I had a pad on me after surgery but never bled on it but just went I peed, I wiped and there was some oogie kind of blood left over from the surgery. I have held onto one pack of overnight pads just in case but my doctor says I won't need them. He says the oogies were from the actual surgery. Oh and somebody told me to put him on that refer a surgeon site or whatever it's called and so I did. He wasn't there. He is also a kick butt fertility doctor. I seriously don't know if his walls are painted or wall papered or what because it's all thank you pictures of babies he's brought into the world. He's just a good doctor. I gave like $300 in tampons, pads, Midol, etc. to my best friend's niece. That's how bad I bled before surgery from all my problems at period time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register