feeling like a wimp - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling like a wimp feeling like a wimp

Unread 02-02-2013, 08:57 PM
Re: feeling like a wimp

I am a nurse as well and work in a nursing home. dr gave me 6 weeks off notified my employer a month before surgery. 2 weeks & 1 day post op my D.O.N called to ask if I could come back to work early..they chose my leave to fire my replacement. I am so mad I almost want to resign. I am not ready to go back by no means and I am taking the full 6 as should you we don't need set backs, were trying to recover. And why not vaca??? you have to take it easy at.home mite as well take it easy in the sun!! good luck to ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2013, 09:07 PM

They're gonna talk if they're gonna talk. No matter what you do you cant control that.
If it were them, they'd take the full 6 weeks, so you should too without hesitation.
Going on a vacation during and coming back with a tan might seem sketchy but it might also tick off your disability company. I've known them to deny claims and even sue for money already paid because people posted pictures on facebook on a vacation while also out on disability. Point being- stay in the shade & don't go back to work bragging about your awesome vaca. That'll just tick off your co-workers. They understand you need time to heal and probably aren't too concerned about when youll be back because they know you will be eventually.
You could always bring cookies & cupcakes your first day back :-)
Unread 02-02-2013, 09:22 PM

If your job allows the full 6 weeks, take them. As they say on this site so often, you only get one chance to heal properly. The consequences of doing damage are so painful and could create long term issues with scar tissue and hernias. Not fun. I too am a guilty workaholic. I started back full time just under 6 weeks but do not have the physical demands that many do in their jobs. Plus I carpooled with coworkers each day as I am not ready to drive 1hr plus in stop and go traffic with a stick shift. I was totally fried by the end of the day and in bed by 9 each night.

Also, you know how hard you have worked your whole life, take this opportunity to rest and heal up, you deserve it!

And to all the nurses, this was my first surgery and hospital experience ever and I was so thankful for the great care I received. I think it made all the difference in starting my recovery on a positive note. I baked my nurses a couple batches of cookies when I was feeling better to thank them.Thank you for the hard work you all do ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2013, 09:36 PM

Take the full time and let everyone else go sit on a darn tack!
You're the one who will have to live with the consequences if you screw up your healing process, not them, so don't let anyone else's pettiness affect the decisions you make about your health.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register