Freaking out, Hyst tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Freaking out, Hyst tomorrow Freaking out, Hyst tomorrow

Unread 12-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Freaking out, Hyst tomorrow

Hello,

I am scheduled to have a TAH tomorrow (leaving cervix and my left ovary, right is already gone).

I can't tell if I'm just having the usual pre-surgery jitters or if I truly shouldn't do this. I've had awful heavy bleeding and pelvic pain since my son was born two years ago, so I definitely want to do something eventually.

My main concerns are that sex may not be the same (it's great when I'm not on the bleeding/pain days), and also that I'll regret not having a third child. I know we are SO blessed to have a son and daughter, and my husband says he's 100% sure he only wants two. However, two days ago he mentioned if I felt I need/want a third he would be okay with that. So here I am, trying to sort through whether to get the hysterectomy as planned tomorrow. I think the answer is yes, but I'm afraid of regretting this later.

Any help or words of wisdom are much appreciated ladies!
Connie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2013, 09:45 AM
Re: Freaking out, Hyst tomorrow

Hi Connie, I am going tomorrow too. I have no children and always wanted them but a later in life marriage and a husband dealing with mental health issues has made us decide that children aren't for us. Even though that was decided a few years ago and I'm good with it, this surgery makes me second guess some. It truly will never happen once it's done. So I think this surgery can make most of us feel things and second guess even though we know it is the right thing. Just know that you aren't alone and your thoughts aren't crazy.
Adele
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:25 AM

Good luck to you both tomorrow! I have re-scheduled my surgery twice and am still trying to work up the bravery to schedule it again. I think I am almost ready. Living with the pain and discomfort of my adenomyosis has become too much for me.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences on this site. It helps to know that others have faced the same types of questions and fears that I have.
I was told recently by a few people that I really respect, both health care workers that I know personally that "you will know when you are ready" for surgery.
I have just been waiting, praying and hoping for this "knowingness" for myself and I wish it for you both on this thread as well.
Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2013, 11:33 AM

Good luck to the both of you. Please going in with happy faces. You gals will rock this. GOOD LUCK!!! Can't wait to meet you here on the other side.
Unread 12-11-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplessinsea View Post
Good luck to you both tomorrow! I have re-scheduled my surgery twice and am still trying to work up the bravery to schedule it again. I think I am almost ready. Living with the pain and discomfort of my adenomyosis has become too much for me.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences on this site. It helps to know that others have faced the same types of questions and fears that I have.
I was told recently by a few people that I really respect, both health care workers that I know personally that "you will know when you are ready" for surgery.
I have just been waiting, praying and hoping for this "knowingness" for myself and I wish it for you both on this thread as well.
Good luck!!
I know this surgery can bring out the whoa's, fears, and worries of ever possible mishap. Just know that you will be in the care of doctor's that specialize in these surgeries. You will be watched over and cared for like never before. This is coming from a woman that was coming unglued during the wait of my day. You will be fine. You will be glad you did it once you are on the other side. None of my wild brain rants came to light after everything was all said and done.

I wanted so much to cancel my date, and say. "FORGET IT!" But I am so glad I didn't. I am three weeks into healing and couldn't be happier about my decision. It is a hard road to travel, but once you get to the other sit. You have a great sigh of relief. I will pray for you for strength in overcoming fear of surgery. You will be O.K.
Unread 12-11-2013, 11:52 AM

Thank you for the kind words of support MyWayMytime. I am glad your procedure went well. Take care.
Unread 12-11-2013, 12:21 PM

Hi Connie,
Deep breath sweetie, the waiting was the hardest part for me. I was post menopausal and I still had second thoughts. It is very normal to fear the unknown but once you get to the other side, you will most likely wonder why you were worried. Like MywayMytime said, you will be in the care of professionals who are very skilled caretakers. It will be over before you know it and you will be on your way to recovery.

Take care, I will pray for an easy surgery and quick recovery for you.
Unread 12-11-2013, 03:43 PM

Thank you all so much for the kind words. It makes me feel better knowing I have so many amazing women who can understand what I'm going through, whether or not I end up having the surgery tomorrow. Again, thank you!!

Adele01: Best of luck tomorrow on your surgery. I will be praying that everything goes well for you, and I'm sure it will And hope any doubts you still have will be less and less once you have the surgery.

Connie
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:00 PM

You are going through typical fears. I agree that you need to keep in mind that the doctors have performed this surgery tons of times. I am one who can say that I am thankful I had it done. I actually feel healthier now than I have in a couple of years. Yes, it is major surgery and yes, you will experience pain but that is what the pain meds are for and that is why you will rest as much as you can. The first few days are the worst but it is due to gas pains of all things!
I can't believe my surgery was done in september. Time has really flown for me. I promise it will all be a memory before you know it.
I wish you luck and giving you big hugs!
You will get to the other side just fine....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register