Leg Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Leg Pain

One more day will be 10 weeks since LAVH. Had pain in legs due to 3 1/2 hrs of surgery. It is like the circulation was cut off. Dr said that it would go away. 10 weeks later it still has not gone away and hurts even more and feels swolen in the crack between thigh and crotch. Has anyone else had this problem? Getting worried about possible blood clot. I do have a Dr appointment today and will be asking about it. Just hoping to get some insite from someone who has had this problem. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2006, 11:54 AM
Leg Pain

Please let us know what the doctor says. I don't have any advice or experience with this, but I just wanted to wish you well. Please let us know what you find out. I'm glad you are going to the doctor today!

CJL
Unread 03-21-2006, 12:17 PM
Leg Pain

If the swelling is in one leg and not both, I'd be concerned. The only way to rule out a clot is with an ultrasound of the leg. I hope your doctor orders one for you today. Please let us know what you find out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Leg Pain

I want to wish you well too!!! I worried about this so often myself, since I have bad veins from an horseriding accident and children...Keep us posted... Good Luck!!!!
Unread 03-21-2006, 07:50 PM
Leg Pain

hi orkrush, yes i've had leg pain in one leg, starts in the groin and radiates to thigh. gets fatigued easy too, i think because i'm walking different to compensate the achy/numb feeling. was in surgery 6 hours several procedures done and doc says it's probably nerve related too, etc. same as what you're hearing. getting another appt. next week to see if a neuro consult is next. been working pt, retail lots of walking, lots of pain. please, post how your visit went, am also getting frustrated and very nervous about this. take care of yourself and good luck. carol
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:08 PM
Leg Pain

Finally, I've found someone else with this same problem. I have had a terrible all-over ache in my legs since a few days after my surgery. I mentioned it to the doctor at my two weeks post-op and he acted like he didn't think it was connected to the surgery. It went away for a couple of weeks, but came back with a vengence last night. It hurt so bad today I had to take a pain pill, the first one I've had since a few days after the surgery. I'm going to bring it up again during my checkup tomorrow. I hope you get some relief!
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Leg Pain

hey noellesc, glad to see your reply too. have felt like i was crazy, no one seemed to have this problem. my sol recently had TAH with no problems at all. have begun to see others with this too. hope you get answers at your visit. good luck and take good care of yourself. carol
Unread 03-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Leg Pain

omg !!!! I thought i was going crazy !!! I too have a pain in my right leg towards the top rear section of the leg to the side. At night it really hurts and in the morning when i wake up and have to walk the pain is really bad. IT seems to be ok during the day but its a weird pain, i too was worried about blod clots but is there any other signs to look for other than the pain. Hope you feel better soon!!!
Unread 03-21-2006, 10:17 PM
Dr Visit

Dr visit went OK. She was sure that it wasn't a blood clot since it had been 10 weeks already, was pretty sure I had pulled a muscle or something like that. Sent me over to have a venus doppler done on both legs. Everything was OK no clots. I'm so glad there are none but my legs have been hurting since surgery. She couldn't give me any time frame for how long the pain generaly lasts but I think 10 weeks is a long time. I know I didn't do anything to pull or strain a muscle so I guess I'm just stuck with it til it goes away Thanks everyone for your replys and concerns.
P>S> Was finally released to go back to work. Stitches all gone. My husband is excited too!!!
Unread 03-22-2006, 09:09 PM
Leg Pain

I too have had leg pain since my surgery dec 8th and still I am having leg and now back pain. I wish you luck too, Had a venus doppler done and did not show a clot, I too had ask my doctor how long and he said end of feb and now we are at the end of March and starting to feel a little better but . wish you luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register