4 months + and ocassional soreness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 months + and ocassional soreness 4 months + and ocassional soreness

Unread 06-12-2006, 07:58 AM
4 months + and ocassional soreness

Hi Sisters--
I've had a near-perfect, uneventful recovery and am doing all my normal activities (exercising, working, gardening, travelling, etc.). I still get ocassional abdominal twinges here and there--i.e. after sitting all day on an airplane and schlepping a suitcase, or after moving some furniture around as I did on Saturday. When does this last remnant of the surgery finally go away?
Thanks so much for all your wisdom and support...
FIFI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2006, 09:32 AM

Hey Fifi- ditto! Very easy recovery but every now and then I get a weird twinge. It is almost like the "phantom pains" when someone loses a limb...had been camping and hiking all weekend and must have stepped wrong and had a quick twinge in my right ovary...don't have ovaries though...didn't last but a second but sure smarted. We are still recovering even though we feel fine!
Unread 06-12-2006, 09:48 AM

Hi Fifi
I think its normal to still feel twinges of discomfort. I know I did until after the 8 month point. I had to be careful about anything that meant I was exerting myself or pushing past the tired point when my energy was spent. Complete healing can take from 6 mos to a year. It sounds like you are being wise. When something makes you hurt, you just have to back off and give it some more time or get some help.
's,Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2006, 11:13 AM

Just about 4 months for me. Still have to pace myself, I still get tired. And that old swelly belly still rears its head when I do too much.
Still trying to figure out the menopause issues. But sleeping better and not so many hot flashes. All in all getting better each month. FINALLY. I guess there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Unread 06-12-2006, 11:14 AM

Hi Fifi
I had an uneventful recovery apart from ovaries going to sleep which was awful but my stomach still feels sore to touch and if I bang it I know about it. Get odd aches and pains round it all depending on how much I've done but it is getting better and I am trying to listen to my body. Take care x
Unread 06-12-2006, 11:23 AM

I saw my dr at about four months and I mentioned that I'd had the odd twinge low down. Not at any particular time, it was just sometimes there. She did a little internal exam and wasn't at all worried, so it must all be part of the general healing process, or she even said it may have been bowel related, not hyst at all. Haven't had it in weeks though so I think it was some healing going on that's done with now.
Unread 06-12-2006, 12:01 PM

I'm only at 4.5 weeks post op.

But I did have a mass removed from my breast 6 years ago. I still experience "twinges" in my breast to this day. Less now than 6 years ago.

I was told it was the nerves rejuvenating themselves again.

I'm not sure this is related to the hyster or not.
Unread 06-12-2006, 01:09 PM

My DR said actual recovery is 6mos to a year.
Unread 06-13-2006, 08:07 AM

I am about 4 + months post op, and I over did it working in the yard on Sunday and has some back pain and abdominal discomfort that evening and all day yesterday. It seems to be better today, but I am going to take it easy for the next few days. I saw my gyn last week and he assured me that it can take up to a year for everything inside to be completely back to "normal". Like my gyn said - if it hurts then stop!. best og luck to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register