another quick ? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

another quick ? another quick ?

Unread 08-29-2006, 04:36 PM
another quick ?

I'm sorry, maybe I should have combined these questions, when does the pain of things feeling like they are "falling" out stop, I don't know a better way to explain this and none of my friends or family have ever had a hysterectomy. I am the lucky first one. Today I feel good but certain ways I move I feel like I can feel things inside dropping. I dont know if they really are, I mean do things move to occupy the space where our Uterus ovaries and other stuff was? lol I really don't mean to appear stupid that is really what it feels like..things shifting?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2006, 04:52 PM
another quick ?

Yep, thats what they do. Your body is getting back to normal and your intestines and other organs may move around a bit to settle in. Its normal. I felt like that too. It will pass. I actually had numbness in my thighs before I had the hyst and now that everything has been removed. NO more numbness. I now have feeling back in my thighs, so its a good thing. If your too concerned, you should call your doctor. Hugs from me to you, Susan
Unread 08-30-2006, 01:49 AM
another quick ?

Yes, this moving about of things and also the swelling and bruising all makes you feel pressure down there. It is very normal in the early weeks to feel like that.
Recline a lot, avoid standing for too long, build up your walks and keep drinking lots of water to help the body heal. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-30-2006, 09:29 AM
another quick ?

Hellosies!

Yup things move around a bit. It's a weeeeeird sensation I tell you what. Around week two out of my surgery I found out that I could na eat lying on my side. It's not that it was painful or anything. It was just that it felt so weeeeeird. I dunno how to explain it, but it felt like things were "sliding" where they should na be when I ate. LOL!

After awhile things settle and you get used to where things are. I still find it amusing that when my belly rumbles ( hungry or digesting) it seems like my whole trunk is making noises. LOL!

The only thing I do not enjoy is the occasional bladder spasms from rumblt intestinal tracks ( sometimes my abdomen will grumble and all of a sudden I will have to pee in the worst way accompanied by a sharp pinching pain....)

Don't feel self consious for asking "?"'s here. Everyone here is experience something similar to what you are so we totally understand.

*hugs*

-LBS
Unread 08-30-2006, 09:40 AM
another quick ?

I walked around holding my belly like a pregnant woman for the first 2 weeks post op. I thought it was just me and it was a psychological thing. Now that I read I was not feeling this alone I feel a lot better because I kept asking myself where everything would land in there. And it didn't help that my boss had me ask the doc where they put the ovaries if the only thing holding them in was the uterus and they were taking that out. He acted as if I would come back to work in 8 weeks and everything would fall out on the darn floor. I asked him if they did would he pick them up???? When I talked to him on Monday he questioned me again and I told him they were floating around in there and I could feel them. I will let him think this until I go back to work. His wife thinks I am hilarous and says if she ever has one at least he won't make her ask stupid questions at the doctor visit. LOL
Unread 08-30-2006, 07:21 PM
another quick ?

Well for now the falling out pain has stopped and todays new thing is the numbness, everything is numb....above and below the incision about three inches either way..its just a giant numb nothingness....grrrr.
Unread 08-31-2006, 01:01 PM
another quick ?

DebDeb you cracked me up!

I got this terrible image of things just floating and swimming about randomly in the abdominal cavity. Perhaps the pains we feel are those random ovaries or other tidbits occasionally bumping into each other?

Ovary to random tidbit as they crash:

"Pardon me sir! I dare say I was not paying attention. I beg your forgivance!"

Random tidbit drinking something questionable from a brown paper bag:

*burp*
"Hey wha? Er...yeah...okay....sure!"

Both floating bits wander off in opposite directions to ping off of other internal organs....

LOL!

That image is gonna stay with me all day. ROFL!

As for the numbness Kinyeah,
that seems to be more or less normal. My incision spot is completely numb. The areas above and below it range from numb to ouch to "normal".

-LBS
Unread 08-31-2006, 01:50 PM
another quick ?

Kinyeah - you and I share surgery dates. I, too, have numbness at incision level, above and below. But, I know that's normal and it will return somewhat to normal. How is your bleeding? I wasn't bleeding at all in the hospital - then slight brownish discharge when I got home (the first week) and now for the past 4-5 days I've had bright red bleeding - although not too much. In fact, I can get by with a panty liner on most days.

Bowel movements are killing me - well almost The stool softener is not working, so I'm going to switch to a laxative just to get things moving.

I"m walking everyday - bored to tears!!!!!!! But, happy to be improving everyday.

I hope all is well for all the August Princesses - God bless.

Tricia
Unread 08-31-2006, 02:44 PM
another quick ?

Yep I felt the moving too. I held my tummy when I got up off the couch. I also felt it if I landed on my side sleeping. I found wearing the belly band helped. It does get better I am now 7 weeks post op and I am not feeling it anymore.
Unread 08-31-2006, 03:39 PM
another quick ?

Tricia..
My doctor actually told me to use my bleeding as a gauge of if I am doing to much. If i bleed heavier then I have been I over did it somewhere. I never needed more then a panty liner was barely bleeding at all the first week then got some bright red blood...as far as Bm's I was quite the opposite never constipated at all, went more then in my life but I thinks its cause my bowel track was crushed by endo (endo wasnt event he reason I was doing the hyst. but was found everywhere once the dr got inside) today is the first day i am can eat and not run to the bathroom within ten minutes. Best of Luck to ya!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register