Adhesions?? and Painless endo?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesions?? and Painless endo?? Adhesions?? and Painless endo??

Unread 03-19-2003, 09:45 AM
Adhesions?? and Painless endo??

Exactly how do they diagnose endo? Can it be seen on an ultrasound? Is it possible for the doc to go in for a hyst, and find endo, even if there wasn't lots of pain with the periods? Just curious about that.

I've had 3 abdominal surgeries previously, two of those specifically on my tubes, so I'm curious as to whether I might have adhesions from that. Is there any way to tell ahead of time? I'm going for a D&C and hysterscopy on March 26th, would they be able to see all that then? It's not lap, so I suppose they won't be able to see the ovaries, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2003, 09:59 AM

I had an ultrasound, and they couldn't see the adhesions. All they could tell was that my right ovary was "very high". I ended up having to have a lap in November because of pain, and that was the only way they saw the adhesions. Turns out that my whole right side was stuck together, ovary, intestines, bladder, uterus, you name it! Doctor said that tests could be useful, but sometimes they just had to go in there and take a look to see what is really going on... Good luck!

CJ
Unread 03-19-2003, 10:38 AM

I was told the only way they can see adhesions and endo is to do a lap or open you up. Neither show up on ultrasound & usually the only thing that does is if you have large visible fibriods or cysts, unless they are within the u++++ne lining then they're hard to see. Once my ovary ruptured & was bleeding out due to an ovarian cyst & they couldn't even see that with ultrasound so they had to do a lap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2003, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dachzielady2001
I was told the only way they can see adhesions and endo is to do a lap or open you up. Neither show up on ultrasound & usually the only thing that does is if you have large visible fibriods or cysts, unless they are within the u++++ne lining then they're hard to see.
That's what I was finding too. I guess I need to discuss this more with my doctor, as he's planning to do a vag. hyst, no lap beforehand, and in light of my previous tubal surgies, I'm concerned about adhesions or endo that they can't see. KWIM?
Unread 03-19-2003, 11:06 AM

Don't worry to much, from what I hear usually when they do a vaginal hysterectomy they do a lap at the same time. But, ck with your doctor to make sure and don't get
Unread 03-19-2003, 11:15 AM

I know that sometimes they do LAVH, but my doc didn't mention the lap part. Maybe I can request it, so I know he can see everything. I just don't want to have another surgery down the road, when there was stuff going on now that should've been taken care of. KWIM?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register