To the wonderful and waiting women | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

To the wonderful and waiting women To the wonderful and waiting women

Unread 11-24-2007, 10:25 PM
To the wonderful and waiting women

We have been through alot. You that are waiting are really going through all that awful worrying and stress. I was so frightened and absolutely paniced before my surgery and afraid to let myself cry. I came here and found the best women ever. I learned alot and felt ready for the surgery just one day before I had it. I showed up at the hospital and all the fear came running back, not to mention that I was gassy the night before and was afraid of what would happen once under. Oh yeah ,I warned the nurses and said I was sorry before hand . Well, I never asked but I did fine. After all the worrying I went through and finally beaking down and crying I am now on the other side and I am feeling great. There are bad stories out there and I felt so guilty for having a wonderful staff at the hospital and a recovery that was going well, that I was afraid to post anything at all. God bless all of you and I wish you ALL the best. AND A GREAT RECOVERY!! It truly will be okay....... Spread he word
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2007, 11:21 PM

THanks for sharing! I go in Monday morning, so soon I will visit the castle. I will spend Sunday night at my parents' house, and they will take me to the hospital Monday morning.
I'm going to try and find that thread under post op.
Thanks for giving us all encouragement.
Grace
Unread 11-25-2007, 12:04 AM
thanks

Awe, thank you so much for sharing your story! I am feeling a little bit better about going in since I found this site and met a lot of amazing and strong women! I think another reason why I'm not so panicy (and maybe I should be) is because I've been battling a nasty head cold and I've just been sleeping alot, that is when I'm not coughing my head off. I've been eating veggies and drinking tons of fluids like there's no tomorrow so hopefully I'll be good to go for my surgery Friday, Nov. 30th . I do keep visualizing though my arrival at the hospital and how freaked out I will be....I'm trying to think positive, but I think I'll be a blubbering fool! lol...anywho, thanks again for your kind words and support! It means alot! And I hope you continue on a healthy & speedy recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-25-2007, 09:04 AM

Thank you for starting that thread. It's been very calming to read that thread about the positive results, it's hard not to think of all the negative things when you're waiting, I think every possible outcome comes to mind and it can be very overwhelming. My surgery is December 12th, originally scheduled for January or February but they moved it up on me and I've been in total panic so I am in full agreement that this site has been a total blessing. To have the support of all these wonderful women makes it so much easier. I also find it helpful to go into the surgery knowing that there are lots of women who have been through it and knowing a little bit more of what to expect really helps.

Take care of yourself.
Unread 11-25-2007, 10:10 AM

I would also like to give a word of encouragement to those still waiting for the castle. I had my TVH on Nov 15th and was very nervous about the whole thing. I found comfort in this website and now that I am on the other side I find comfort in knowing that there is those out there feeling the same things I am. I want to let you know that it does get better and there is light at the end of the tunnel I am told. I trusted in God and prayed ALOT!! I found peace then and now through doing that and through all of my friends I have found here. I wish you the best and all of you will be in my prayers....God Bless!!!
Unread 11-25-2007, 11:23 AM

I couldn't agree more with everyone here.

The only surgery I had was a tonsillectomy as a child, so I must admit that I was worried.

Luckily, I have a very sympathetic doctor who takes time to really listen. The Hospital staff here in Harrisburg were wonderful...from the moment I checked in until they released me. Everyone went out of their way to help and make me as comfortable as possible.

I was also lucky to find this website. There were so many questions answered for me by just reading through the Forum and articles on the site.

I can see how my life is already changed for the better. I'm looking forward to happier and healthier days ahead.

The best advice I received was to rest and pamper yourself.

To everyone waiting surgery

It's natural to be scared. But once it is over you will be feeling on top of the world.

To the Post-Op women

Here's to great days ahead!

Have a wonderful afternoon.
Unread 11-25-2007, 04:05 PM

I must agree with TamaraJo,

I found a true blessing when I stumbled upon this site! Alot of us were scared, afraid we were going to die, panicked, crying and every other emotion that one human being can think of. What I found on this website was a "sisterhood" of women just like me with fears just like me who banded together to help each other thru our weeks leading up to our visits to the castle. If there were questions we got answers, feeling bad we got hands to hold and shoulders to rest on. I read and then I read some more. I printed out reams of things to do before and questions to ask before surgery. This is a special site with special people who care about the body mind and spirit of us sisters, wow can we be any more blessed than that?! So as a sister in waiting I want to tell you we are all here for you before and after. Remeber to pamper the princess as you will need to heal and look forward to a better future and a new and improved you! Best wishes sister in waiting!

Bobbie In Idaho
TVH, anterior repair w/TOT bladder sling
Unread 11-25-2007, 10:35 PM

Lets see, today is day 10 and I have come upon cabin fever. I know I cant go out running or something crazy like that but I was tempted to pull out my Total Gym. OH, NO NO ,my son said.Dont you dare. I guess I agree,BLAH! I will wait like a good girl Any ways , I am feeling even more great today. I did finally get my weeks worth of laundry done and that was enough for me. I guess I am still weak.Thats ok, I feel so good and I know more is to come. I cant believe I made it to the other side. And Im so proud of myself for doing this all on my own. My 5 boys have been tolerant of my groans and helpful with stuff like garbage and laundry baskets. I was terrified of death to but my nurses and the anitesologist???,were so helpful and answered all my questions as detailed as I wanted.OOOOO, I was a picky patient. But the nursing staff was so caring and made me feel like I could do or ask anything. Ok, day ten and my yeast infection is way gone , my strips are falling-off , and my belly button is still alittle tender. NO MEDS!!!!! I did it and Im so proud. I wish you all the B-E-S-T!!!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register