Major blues hit last night | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Major blues hit last night Major blues hit last night

Unread 01-10-2002, 08:54 AM
Major blues hit last night

Hi everyone,

Up till now I've been dealing "surprisingly well" :muscle: (according to everyone around me) with all that is happening. My surgery is scheduled for January 15th, and last night I was just overwhelmed with feeling sad I think since I found out I was having a hysterectomy, I've been in touch with my emotions and haven't denied them, but they didn't seem overwhelming and I was able to handle it. I'm also supposed to be starting my period any second so I'm sure that has something to do with it.

From all I've read, these feelings are normal (easy to say, sometimes a little harder to believe), but I'm unsure how to deal with them. Has anyone else gone through this, and if so, what did you do to keep a positive attitude? I'm trying to stay really busy.

Another more minor thing - I've hit an "unmotivated" wall as far as getting things prepared for the surgery (running errands, making lists, etc.). Has anyone else run into this?

Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

Thanks
Heidi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2002, 09:19 AM
Hang in There!!

Heidi,

I'm sure a lot of sisters can testify to this..... I was the original non-motivated sister. My bag still wasn't packed the morning of my surgery!! I did nothing around the house not even christmas shopping. I'm not a procrastinator either, just didn't feel like doing anything. I am 4 weeks post now. But do what you want or can and remember everything will be there when you get home and are well. It helps to just put on blinders to mess and errands not completed. You have the rest of your life for that. Also, I was bleeding up to my surgery and went through times of extreme sadness. I just had to realize that this was for the best. My DR and I knew we had no other choice. It kept me sane to think that in a few short months I was going to have my life back! No more laying in bed for fear of flooding, cramps to die for, bad cervical pathology, calls from DR saying "I'm really sorry hun but it's back". Those thoughts helped me put in perspective!! I can't wait for this summer so that I can do all the things I have missed out on for sooooo long!!

You hang in there and my prayers are with you.
Unread 01-10-2002, 10:55 AM
Major blues hit last night

Bless your heart, Wolfshadow It means so much to hear your encouraging words. I felt like I was alone in feeling like this (even though I read every day about others feeling this way - weird, huh?) but it really does help to ease my fears to read other people's stories.... not to mention hearing that I'm not the only one who can't get motivated!! I see all the lists, hear the stories of people who have everything set well before the big day, and I just feel like a big blob Thanks for letting me know this isn't so uncommon!!

I am glad to hear your troubles are ending - much continued luck to you in your recovery!

Heidi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2002, 06:13 PM
Hey you are not alone!

I packed my bag the morning of my surgery. I had to be there at 6:00am and I took my shower and packed my bag as my DH took his shower. I did the same thing. I was going to mop my kitchen floor, and I kept putting it off and my DH did it the night before my surgery. I tried to protest but my heart just wasn't in it. So I think everyone gets to that point that you see to go in slow motion and so letting it slide is the way to let it happen. I had my hyst and am a new woman. So hang in there you will love the new you. God Bless.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register