Scarey Trip To The Castle, But Home Now! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scarey Trip To The Castle, But Home Now! Scarey Trip To The Castle, But Home Now!

Unread 09-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Scarey Trip To The Castle, But Home Now!

I'll just type for a bit, because I need to lie down.

I went in for my TAH\BSO Tuesday morning and the surgery itself was pretty uneventful..... but I went code blue about 10 mins into recovery. I have very little recollection of what happened (just bits and pieces) as I was still coming out of the anitesia.

I remember not being able to breath, I remember them going crazy trying to find a doctor. I remember telling them it is probably a panic attack and asking for ice, but most of the time I don't remember anything. I have had several visitors to my room that were in recovery come see me the last few days and tell me what a scare I gave them. My blood pressure fell very low and my heart rate went up to about 214. Doctor says that if it had kept going I would have had a heart attack. He tried different meds and one worked instantly. I remained in recovery for several hours beyond what I would have normally. Turns out I have something called Superaventricular Tachycardia VTU, which basically means that I have electrical pulses in my heart that are misfiring. I'm on medication now and need to get a referal as soon as I can to the cardiologist. They will run some tests to map where on my heart this happens and then quite possibly I will have an operation where they go up from my leg into my heart and perform an ablation (burn) that area so that it won't misfire in the future.

As for the hyster, the doc decided not to use the laproscope and just go in abodminally. The cyst on the ovary was the size of an orange filled with fiberous fluid (he was afraid of spillage if he didn't go in abodominally). He said the uterus was oversize and full, but didn't open that, just removed it and the pathology department will examine and report the findings. So he removed the 1 ovary and tube I had, plus the uterus, left the cervix, but graphed some vaginal skin and closed the cervix with it. I'm more sore today than previous days probably due to the fact that I'm no longer on the morphine drip. The gas is horrible and one side of my incesion always feels like it is ripping (but I know it isn't). I'm on the patch to start HRT. We will see how that goes. I have a 2 week apt set with the gyno and a 1 week apt to see my general doctor to get the referal to the cardiologist.

Off to bed. I'm all set up on the couch downstairs and glad to be home and start recovering. Thanks for all the continued prayers. Sending prayers out to everyone else recuping this week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 06:34 PM

Oh my gosh you sure went thru alot~ your lucky to be here!!! well take it easy and get plenty of rest and let them pamper you, I know easier said then done but you really need to take care!
Unread 09-09-2005, 06:36 PM

Glad you're back home my dear friend! I wish that I could be there to help you out. Let dh spoil you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-09-2005, 06:55 PM

WOW!! You take it easy and get some good rest.

GA
Unread 09-09-2005, 07:01 PM

I read your post from a week ago and am so glad that yourer back....Just rest now and take it easy. You have been through sooo much, it`s amazing. I`ll bet your kids are glad you`re home.Whew !...Hugs. Dianne
Unread 09-09-2005, 07:04 PM

Wow - I am sorry that you had to go through that. Now that you are home - rest and let everyone take care of you!

Good luck
Unread 09-09-2005, 07:10 PM

Glad to here that u are home , get plenty of rest ..........
Take care!
Unread 09-09-2005, 07:20 PM

Holy Cow..how scary for you and your family. So so so glad you are home and on the upswing. I will keep you in my prayers. Get plenty of rest!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 09-09-2005, 07:51 PM

Wow, you have been thru a lot. I am glad that you are home. Rest and take care of yourself. Keep us posted on your visit with the cardiologist. I am sending you lots of . You are in my . Carol
Unread 09-09-2005, 07:54 PM

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers. I'm glad I have you all!! I did post the wrong appreviation in my post for the heart condition (I can't figure out how to edit my post). It should read SVT (not VTU). Sorry about that....laptops take some getting used to (oh and the drugs could have something to do with it).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register