Having to have stitches redone | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having to have stitches redone Having to have stitches redone

Unread 06-16-2016, 04:04 PM
Having to have stitches redone

I had my hysterectomy on March 29th and went in for my final check up and doc said everything looked good and she was actually really happy with the healing. I was released to resume normal activity and intercourse.
So two weeks later did have intercourse and ended up bleeding pretty badly and it lasted a week so I went in because I was worried. She checked me again and said the outer part of where I I was stitches up is opening. She gave me some cream to use and said she will recheck in two weeks which would be Monday. Now I'm worried I will have to have them redone if it's not healed up. I have the date set and would be put under and hopefully go home the same day. This really sucks no bath or pool again right now and if I get new stitches it's going to be another 6-8 more weeks. I don't know how this happened after she said I was ok and looked good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2016, 06:07 AM
Re: Having to have stitches redone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillahine View Post
I had my hysterectomy on March 29th and went in for my final check up and doc said everything looked good and she was actually really happy with the healing. I was released to resume normal activity and intercourse.
So two weeks later did have intercourse and ended up bleeding pretty badly and it lasted a week so I went in because I was worried. She checked me again and said the outer part of where I I was stitches up is opening. She gave me some cream to use and said she will recheck in two weeks which would be Monday. Now I'm worried I will have to have them redone if it's not healed up. I have the date set and would be put under and hopefully go home the same day. This really sucks no bath or pool again right now and if I get new stitches it's going to be another 6-8 more weeks. I don't know how this happened after she said I was ok and looked good.

I'm sorry to hear this has happened. I wish I had some advice - I don't, but my ears and shoulders are right here and available. Our bodies are like aliens sometimes, doing things we don't expect.

Hang in there. Prayers for healing, that you won't have to have additional surgery.
Unread 06-25-2016, 02:29 AM

Had them redone yesterday and went home the same day. Having some cramping and bright red blood but dr said it will slow down and eventually go away. Ugh now no bath or pool for another 6 weeks. Also having an odd reaction to the Percocet and or ibuprofen itching all over never had reaction before. I told my husband maybe it's me sweating out the anesthesia? Who knows with 3 kids and husbands job can't really go to the er for something this minor but end up there for hours maybe someone has had a similar experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2016, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Had them redone yesterday and went home the same day. Having some cramping and bright red blood but dr said it will slow down and eventually go away. Ugh now no bath or pool for another 6 weeks. Also having an odd reaction to the Percocet and or ibuprofen itching all over never had reaction before. I told my husband maybe it's me sweating out the anesthesia? Who knows with 3 kids and husbands job can't really go to the er for something this minor but end up there for hours maybe someone has had a similar experience?
Sorry to hear you had to go through this. Makes me worry about myself. You get to a certain point and you think you are free of risk... But it seems that may not be the case.

Did they give you morphine or pain meds in PACU? Pain meds can cause itching. You could try some Benadryl. I had it from the morphine. Keep pushing fluids. You could call your doctor if your worried. Good luck.
Unread 06-25-2016, 03:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88nurse View Post
Sorry to hear you had to go through this. Makes me worry about myself. You get to a certain point and you think you are free of risk... But it seems that may not be the case.

Did they give you morphine or pain meds in PACU? Pain meds can cause itching. You could try some Benadryl. I had it from the morphine. Keep pushing fluids. You could call your doctor if your worried. Good luck.
No morphine that I'm aware of I also can't take Benadryl it gives me severe anxiety and a rapid heart rate so we try to avoid it at all costs lol.
Yeaah I know what you mean my dr said I didn't do anything wrong for this to happen and everything was healing nicely. She said some people's bodies are just different.
Unread 06-25-2016, 03:30 AM

Quote:
No morphine that I'm aware of I also can't take Benadryl it gives me severe anxiety and a rapid heart rate so we try to avoid it at all costs lol.
Yeaah I know what you mean my dr said I didn't do anything wrong for this to happen and everything was healing nicely. She said some people's bodies are just different.
So sorry you have to go through this. Did they give you pain meds in PACU? I understand about the Benadryl. I myself am very sensitive to meds. How about Zantac or Pepcid? Maybe one of hose would help if you can take it? There are also prescription meds you can take but your doc would need to order them. You could call and see. Most have someone on call and they may call you in something.
Yeah... I am beginning to understand just how different we are all! Keep us posted. Hugs!
Unread 06-25-2016, 07:23 AM

I had mild itching from the percocets. When I stopped taking them it went away. I think it's an allergic reaction. It was annoying.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register