Have you ever felt... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Have you ever felt... Have you ever felt...

Unread 10-06-2001, 06:09 AM
Have you ever felt...

Dear Racquie,

So sorry to hear that everything is coming apart at the seams, but like the ladies above said, just wait till you get the results and see what they show!! I know that is easier said than done, coming from a longtime worrywart, but its not going to do you any good at this point!!
You need to be taking care of yourself RIGHT now, first for your upcoming surgery and second for your Mom and her upcoming surgery!! Also don't get too freaked out about having your surgery on your birthday, mine is being done also on my birthday this coming Wed and now I just keep telling myself it's the best present I could ever ask for!!!
Please take care of yourself and I will keep you in my prayers that everything wil work out for the best and keep in touch!

Brenda
TAH/BSO
October 10th my
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2001, 06:47 PM
Have you ever felt...

Hi Racquie,

I'm sorry you're having all this happen at once. I can certainly imagine how you would be feeling everything is hitting at once. Do please take a step back, take a deep breath and take one step at a time.

I, too, like Maria had my surgery for Ovarian cancer. As she mentioned a lot of information is very outdated and very alarming at best. I was scared have to death first to get my diagnosis as I have a very extensive family history of cancer also, and then when my first round of chemo wasn't successfull. However, the second chemo drug I was given worked wonders and I'm now doing very well.

Do you happen to know which blood test they did? Quite often its the CA125 blood test. This is NOT considered a diagnostic test, its meant to be used as a tracking tool after a cancer is already diagnosed.

The reason this really isn't reliable for diagnostic purposes is that it can also pick up on other conditions such as endometriosis. In addition, not all ovarian cancers cause this particular test to elevate as it measures a protein that can elevate for several different conditions. So, even with an elevated test, this still doesn't necessarily mean that its cancer, nothing is certain until pathology is performed.

So, sorry my rambling but I just wanted to share what I've learned about this particular test. I hope all will go well with both your mothers test results and your upcoming surgery. Please keep us posted on how both of you are doing.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 10-13-2001, 12:06 PM
Thank You

I just wanted to say THANK YOU AND to send GREAT BIG HUGS out to all you sisters who allowed me to vent and gave me such great information. The venting REALLY helped me to get so much of the stress out.

Well my mom and I went to her Oncologyst this past Tuesday, he said he does not think it is cancerous, but he is not promising anything. Heck I am just happy he said this. She IS going to have to a total hysterectomy and hernia repair on OCT 31ST, I mean Halloween can you believe it? I am having mine on my b-day and she is having hers on Halloween, SPOOKY, lol. I am doing much better now that I have some hope. I am starting to eat right again and I have my appetite back. Still smoking but down to 1/2 a pack a day.

I am sorry it took me so long to update this post I have been trying to get things done around the house because Mom is going to be staying here after she is released from the hospital. My poor hubby is going to have to take care of both of us for a little while, boy he sure is looking forward to that, LOL.

THANK YOU all for such great support and such WONDERFUL LOVING thoughts......................Racquie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register