Anybody use a Kegalmaster? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anybody use a Kegalmaster? Anybody use a Kegalmaster?

Unread 08-13-2006, 12:27 AM
Anybody use a Kegalmaster?

My preop appointment NP said, "I'm going to give you some invaluable advice - as soon as you can, go in for some biofeedback classes and learn how to do your kegals properly, as only 50% of women do them right". She said that your pelvic floor/vagina strength makes all the difference in preventing future bladder problems and possible bowel prolapse, and that one of the most important things post-op is to start your kegals, for life, and to do them right. Well, somehow I can't imagine my insurance would cover 'vagina biofeedback' classes, but I would consider a helper device in the privacy of my home. This deal seems to be highly recommended in those 'Change' catalogs that suddenly seem to be coming to my house. So, is the Kegalmaster easy to use/effective? Best, Asta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2006, 01:00 AM

I never bought any devices for Kegels, but I was told that once the 6 weeks were up I could put a finger inside during Kegels to check see if I am in fact squeezing the right muscles. Then once you feel the squeeze around your finger you know you've got the right ones.
Unread 08-13-2006, 09:06 PM

I asked this question about 6-8 months ago and nobody was using it. Maybe someone is now.. Anyone out there????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-18-2006, 02:26 AM
kegelmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by readyforgym
I asked this question about 6-8 months ago and nobody was using it. Maybe someone is now.. Anyone out there????
Hi -
The kegelmaster works pretty good - there is one that you insert into the vagina and it works with springs that allow it to open and close when you contract your muscles. You can really feel it working. It's a little expensive - around $100 - but worth it if it strengthens those muscles. I think you can go to kegelmaster.com
to see more about it. It also may be referred to as the super kegelmaster.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register