scar reduction | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scar reduction scar reduction

Unread 07-14-2007, 07:29 PM
scar reduction

anybody out there have any info on products that will reduce the look of the incision scar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 07:42 PM
This might be helpful....

I had a myomectomy 24 years ago. A few months after I had it done, I noticed that the scar was thickening, and definitely seemed to be on its way to becoming a keloid scar: red, thick, and kind of wiry looking. Out came the Vitamin E, and massage it in every day I did. Within a couple of years or so the scar pretty much faded into a thin white line, the skin was smooth and flat, and now you literally have to look for the scar to find it--and myomectomy cuts are pretty deep!!! So, Vitamin E definitely worked for me. Don't know how it will work on my upcoming TAH/BSO cut (which will be vertical) but I expect the Vitamin E will help some. Also, I think you are supposed to use the natural form of Vitamin E too, not the synthetic one.

On one of the other boards someone mentioned a product that I think is called Kelacote, but I would try the Vitamin E first since it would be so much cheaper. Good luck!
Unread 07-14-2007, 07:47 PM
scar reduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisol52
I had a myomectomy 24 years ago. A few months after I had it done, I noticed that the scar was thickening, and definitely seemed to be on its way to becoming a keloid scar: red, thick, and kind of wiry looking. Out came the Vitamin E, and massage it in every day I did. Within a couple of years or so the scar pretty much faded into a thin white line, the skin was smooth and flat, and now you literally have to look for the scar to find it--and myomectomy cuts are pretty deep!!! So, Vitamin E definitely worked for me. Don't know how it will work on my upcoming TAH/BSO cut (which will be vertical) but I expect the Vitamin E will help some. Also, I think you are supposed to use the natural form of Vitamin E too, not the synthetic one.

On one of the other boards someone mentioned a product that I think is called Kelacote, but I would try the Vitamin E first since it would be so much cheaper. Good luck!
Thanks,I had heard about Kelacote but was looking for something alittle less expensive! Will give Vit E a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2007, 07:58 PM
scar reduction

I do, I had a tummy tuck last year! It is called scar fade, I got mine from my surgeon for free, but there is another product or two OTC one is by new skin. It is basically silicon.
Scare fade works really good, it is really thick and a bit sticky but effective, thus plastic surgeons use it.
Unread 07-14-2007, 11:00 PM
scar reduction

I've recently heard about a product called Bio-Oil. It cost is about $10. Everyone that I have talked to, that has tried it, swears by it. I bought some to use post-op.
Unread 07-14-2007, 11:19 PM
scar reduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahakai
anybody out there have any info on products that will reduce the look of the incision scar?

Vit E used to break me out with oil bumps its too heavy of an oil for me. I have always been a huge fan of pure natural Jojoba Oil... If you want to know more do a search on the net for it, read the many ways it can be used, I have always had a bottle around the house for many years, reading this post reminded me to dig it out to use to help lighting my scar... I read to use Jojoba Oil after the wound heals; I will not try it while the cut is still open.
Unread 07-14-2007, 11:51 PM
scar reduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1969
I've recently heard about a product called Bio-Oil. It cost is about $10. Everyone that I have talked to, that has tried it, swears by it. I bought some to use post-op.
Never hear of this...........will try google. But where did you get yours?
Unread 07-14-2007, 11:55 PM
scar reduction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presouz
Vit E used to break me out with oil bumps its too heavy of an oil for me. I have always been a huge fan of pure natural Jojoba Oil... If you want to know more do a search on the net for it, read the many ways it can be used, I have always had a bottle around the house for many years, reading this post reminded me to dig it out to use to help lighting my scar... I read to use Jojoba Oil after the wound heals; I will not try it while the cut is still open.
Thanks, I will research it. Although I have to say I use Crab tree & Evelyn jojoba products(lotion,shampoo,etc) and I love them.
Unread 07-15-2007, 12:07 AM
scar reduction

I will research those products!!! I found Desert Essence Organic Jojoba Oil is about half the cost on some sites, do a compare search on shopzilla.com, I dont buy until I compare all the costs on line!! some times you can really get a deal!!! thanks for the reply..
Unread 07-15-2007, 09:13 AM
scar reduction

Look up Contractubex too. I hope to get some soon from a friend on the coast.

It's not available in Canada yet, but is in the states.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register