3 weeks post | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-17-2010, 08:30 PM
3 weeks post

i had a partial on feb 24, left ovaries and cervix ,,the surgery wasnt as bad as i anticipated ......the nerves get the best of you ..... before you know it ...it is over and you dont remember a thing ...i remember in the operating room i had so much to say but ...i didnt get to say anything lol with in 2 min i was out ...... once i saw my dr . i felt better .....i guess just knowing he was there and i was going to be ok .... i had fibroids and alot of bleeding 7 weeks prior to surgery . my biggest complaint was how tired i was ..i lost alot of blood and just was very weak ......i was told about a year and a half ago i had a small fibroid on my uterus ,,never really had any gyn problems before ..this grew over a short period of time , mostly it was the out of control bleeding that was a big problem ,, i was put on birth control pill s for a few weeks to stop the bleeding and it did help....my surgery was on feb 24 ,,,my dr took out 5 fibroids i guess the sono didnt show all of them and a cyst on my ovary ....wasnt on pain meds long at all ..my problem after surgery was feeling sick from the meds and pain meds . i went to the bathroom and was eating with in a day ...i was fine till i got up ..then i felt the tight and soreness but nothing unbearable ....i was still so dizzy and light headed for about 2 weeks after ..i took stool softerners asap ,,because i no that sometimes the meds cause these problems ....my incision is great he did a great job about 3 inch in long ...since home the first week i was doing great ,,the 2, 3 week i started getting cramping alot ,,, the swollen belly , feeling bloaty , a sharp shooting pain in my ovary area pelvic area , and now feel like something is going to fall out which i pray to god nothing does ,,i cant imagine there is nothing to fall out ,,,,but i will deff pass out if anything like this happenes or me .......i think i have been doing a little to much ,,going crazy at home and just want to get my life back in order , want to go to gym , want to dance i try lol but i get pains i just cant move that much ..im sure if my dr only new i try to dance lolllllll just a little .....just cant do anything and this is becoming depressing for me ....i need to get going now it is 5 weeks home i was home 2 weeks prior to surgery to get my blood levels up ......right now i have been taking naps late afternoon because i knock myself out with walking and shopping ...crampy , and pressure ..went to my dr they took sono and i dont know what happenes now ..they told me they saw a cyst on my other ovary and the sono showed something where the uterus was ,,but i don think itis anything because it isnt confirmed what if anything it is they the covering dr just told me if i get a fever or feel sick at all to call them and i need to go back to see my dr in a week .......i really enjoy this site i wish i knew about it pre surgery ...alot of answers to my questions i find ,,i love that we are all in this together and i even get a good laugh crack up at some of these postings about everything falling out .........a great site for all of us ........wishing everyone a speedy recovery ......barbara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Re: 3 weeks post

One of my doctors said "Let pain be your guide." If you think you are doing too much, slow down a little. Don't continue doing things if they hurt. Resting now will let you dance sooner because you will heal faster and better if you take care of yourself now. Also, let your body tell you when to rest. If you feel tired or sleepy, your body needs time to regenerate - so let it.

Take care of yourself now. It will pay off in the end.

TAH/BSO
2/19/2010
Unread 03-17-2010, 10:03 PM

you are so right ....... i deff . noticed all this cramping is fairly new since i started to do more .......and i think itis getting worse not better .... i cant imagine it being anything other then the healing process ...........
hope everything is well with you >....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2010, 07:19 PM

(((Sister))) I'm so sorry you're experiencing this pain right now.

I had some of the same discomfort you are having right now. Sharp pains, lots of bloating/swelling in the abdominal area. The pain was sometimes enough to take my breath away! It turned out that I had a large hematoma under my incision, lying in front of the abdominal wall.

This is not a blood clot, but a collection of blood in the body sort of like a blood blister or a bruise. A hematoma can produce quite a bit of pain because blood is very irritating when it's not where it's supposed to be.

The reason I am saying this is that it sounds like you may be dealing with a hematoma. It would make sense, given that you're feeling pain in the ovary/uterus area and the pain is getting worse, not better.

If you do have a hematoma, the good news is that they usually resolve themselves on their own by reabsorbing into your body. It can take weeks or even months for this to happen, however, so you may need to be patient. I'm also sorry to say that the may have to be delayed a bit if it is a hematoma, because you will probably be put back on full post-op restrictions (no lifting, no , no strenuous exercise) to give the area the best chance to heal.

Also, if you do have a hematoma, don't be afraid to ask for some good pain control if you need it. My doctor went from being skeptical that I was even in pain to wondering if Percoset would be strong enough when she saw what I was dealing with! You may not need the meds all the time, but I found it very important to be able to use them at night so I could get good .

Please let us know what the doctor says. And if the pain continues to get worse, please don't wait until the appointment. Go to the clinic or the ER to be seen. New pain or increased pain after surgery needs to be investigated in case there's something serious going on.

Hope this helps.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register