Going In A Smoker Comeing out A Non-Smoker | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going In A Smoker Comeing out A Non-Smoker Going In A Smoker Comeing out A Non-Smoker

Unread 07-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Going In A Smoker Comeing out A Non-Smoker

Has any of you gone in as a smoker and came out a non-smoker?? Usually I smoke 1/2 pack a day... But since I found out I had Cervical Cancer and need a TAH. I have been smokeing 1 pack or more a day, I know I shouldn't but ... my nerves are shot. I can't stand this waiting it's killing me (So are the ciggs) I am already takeing 3 mg of Xanax and 100mg of Doxipin and have since 1871 for my nerves and sleeping disorder.... My surgery is Aug 22 a day after my 1st wedding anniverary .....
Feeling down and Lost today
Enjoli:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2003, 10:46 AM

((((((((((Enjoli))))))))))),

I am sorry you feel lost and down today .

Here is a big

Try to focus on the good that will come when you are all recovered and you can do things without having to plan around your period !!!!!!!!!! You won't have to carry a supply of feminine products with you at all times, *just in case*.

For me it has been a freedom that I haven't had since my first period !!!!!

I hope your wait time will pass quickly for you hon.

Best wishes,

Pamcat

P.S. I quit smoking a year ago last month, best thing I ever did for myself,along with the hyst. Get some dum dum lollipops to help whith the cravings.
Unread 07-20-2003, 11:02 AM
Ask your doctor about Wellbutrin

That's an anti-depressant that has also helped a lot of people quit smoking. It has another name as the stop-smoking aid, but I can't remember what it is. If you've been on the same meds since 1991, it might be time to re-evaluate them anyway.

Quitting smoking ASAP will help you tolerate the anesthesia better, along with the various other benefits.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2003, 11:35 AM

Hi, Enjoili -

I don't smoke & never have. But, my Aunt did from the time she was 14 until she had her hsysterectomy at 73. She cold turkey quit after the surgery & hasn't had once since. She shocked the entire family! She says there are times she'll be out somewhere & smell someone smoking and it tempts her, but she hasn't picked it back up. (This is not your typical 75 year old. She acts & looks like she's in her late 50's. Has more energy than me! She's not smoked in 2 years.) If she can do it, you can, too! We all tried for years & years to get her to quit. She told me one time that it would be impossible, having smoked from the time she was 14. I guess she proved the impossible wrong.

It is true that even if you quit now, with your surgery so close, you'll do better with the anesth. My Aunt didn't do too great with it & that's why she quit. Any advantage you can give your body would be good.

Sorry about your anniversary. I had mine done the day before our 22nd Anniversary. Then, spent the 22nd anniversary yarking because of a reaction to demerol that no one realized I was having - just kept giving me the demerol; I had never had a reaction to it before. SO, needless to say, it was our worst anniversary on record!!!!

Anyway, good luck & it really, really is true that the wait is much worse than the actual event.
Unread 07-20-2003, 11:40 AM
Thanxs PamCat

I have been up since 6am, I couldn't sleep... I dunnO I just feel uneasy today ... (down) I am trying to look on the brighter side. NO more periods, No more hemorrhaging, nO more backaches, or cramps ect and most of all nO more Cancer ...
I was told both overies have to go .. What's going to happen there??

I started early pre-menopause, after my last child was born. He is now 21. I have been through the flashes, night sweats. More like sombody throwing a bucket of water on me . ((I don't thing night sweats is the right name for it)) ...

I have never had PMS (B****y)... All I do is get quiet for a few days. I am one of the "Lucky Ones there" I guess ... Now I am woundering if I am going to go through all of it again .. Is my sex drive going to be taken away from me to? Questions Questions Questions ....

As far as my meds, yes I have been on them for years, they up my dose. They have worked up until now. I have had so many surgeries I am getting punchy ......

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register