Starting to Panic!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Starting to Panic!!!!! Starting to Panic!!!!!

Unread 09-16-2001, 09:55 AM
Starting to Panic!!!!!

My surgery day is coming so fast on Wednesday and I am really starting to panic now. I just want to cry when I think about it because I am so scared. This site really has helped me and comforted me. I guess I am just a big chicken and can't wait for it too be over with now. I keep thinking that I am going to wake up and feel ok with it but then I wake up and that is all that I can think about, then I start too panic again. My emotions are like a big rollercoaster ride right now. Up to the top of the big hills and then zoom all the way down. LOL I truly hope that this waiting is the hardest part! You have all been so great and helpful here. I am so very happy that I found this site and all of you. Please say a prayer for me on Wednesday. And to all my sept sisters you are all in my prayers. Love you all!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2001, 10:26 AM
Starting to Panic!!!!!

Everybody said it, and now I can say I KNOW it is true--the waiting IS the hardest part. Do something really nice for yourself, now. A couple days before my surgery, I took a bubble bath with 12 inches of bubbles, since I knew it would be along time before I could do it again. 50 cents of bubbles made me feel like a million bucks.
Hang in there, sweetie, we're all with you on this one.
Hugs,
Susan
Unread 09-16-2001, 11:12 AM
Starting to Panic!!!!!

Thank you so much Susan. I can't wait until I can say those words too, that the waiting is the hardest part. lol And hey that bubble bath sounds like a wonderful idea!!!!!!! I think I will do that for myself this evening and I am also going to pack I think.
Thanks again and hope you are doing well. Take care.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-16-2001, 11:13 AM
get some Xanax

I really dont know what I would do without it, as My surg is not til early Nov. I am uptight about it, and that is so normal. I plan to use it thru my recovery also, as it is not constipating, and I dont have any side effects from it. I dont do well with pain meds, afraid of them. I want to just sleep thru it. If your doctor doesnt want to give them out, remember it is your body. Your recovery and surgery. Sometimes they are more anal than we are.
Unread 09-16-2001, 11:21 AM
Starting to Panic!!!!!

I took xanax to help me sleep those weeks before surgery and it really helped. I also took one the night before surgery and the morning of surgery (ask your doctor, though) and it helped a bit.

Just be careful with xanax AFTER surgery. I was given 3/4 of a .25 mg. tablet and I spaced out. I felt disconnected from myself. The only way I can describe it is to say my voice seemed to be coming from someplace outside of my body. It was freaky. The doctor said it was a combination of the general anesthesia, demerol drip, and an empty stomach, along with the xanax.

Good luck to you.
Eileen.
Unread 09-16-2001, 11:41 AM
Starting to Panic!!!!!

Suzy

I know what you mean as the time gets closer I keep thinking I cannot believe I am doing this.I am on the 5th day of my period and it is not near as bad as it usually is.So I ask WHY am I doing this? I kno it is just jitters.This time tomorrow it will be all over. SO I hope the post op ladies are right. The waiting is the worst.

Good luck my friend

Take care

Unread 09-16-2001, 10:00 PM
Starting to Panic!!!!!

Cathlaur, you are probably in bed right now hopefully getting a goodnight sleep before your big day. lol Well good luck to you too and I can't wait until we are all back home again and compare our stories and laugh about how afraid we all were. :-) I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning and I will say a prayer for you. See you soon my friend when we are all on the post side!!!!!!

Unread 09-17-2001, 12:42 AM
Starting to Panic!!!!!

Thanks Suzy

I did get some sleep but now I am up.It is 3:40 in the morning. My tummy is so upset from the enema that I keep having to go to the washroom.

I wish you a great stay at the hospital. Hopefully by next week we are corresponding again.

Take care

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register