4 days until the big day. Nervous, Scared | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days until the big day. Nervous, Scared 4 days until the big day. Nervous, Scared

Unread 06-22-2006, 11:25 AM
4 days until the big day. Nervous, Scared

Hello ladies, well I only have a few more days before the big day 4 to be exact. I am so nervous and scared at the same time. I also got more bad news Tuesday I have to have my Gallbladder removed also, but not sure if it can be done at the same time yet. Talking about lots of health problems, just last month I had to have a surgical breat biopsy to remove a large mass off the right breast, Thank goodness it was not cancer. Talked to Dr. he said he would do a Lavh if he didnt run into any problems. Needing lots of advice from anybody who has had a Lavh please. I also want to thank everybody for being so nice and always willing to share their experiences with me. Hopefully I can shake the nerves as they seem to be getting worse.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2006, 11:39 AM

Hi

I know it is easy to say but it will be ok so try and relax as best you can.

I am 4 weeks on from a radical hysterectomy to get rid of cervical cancer. All is well I am really happy to say - and each day I see an improvement.

This site is so great to find out info and have the comfort of other ladies who understand the problems and worries we have so you don't ever have to feel alone.

I wish you well and send best wishes and strong brave thoughts to you.
Unread 06-22-2006, 11:42 AM

If I were you I'd talk to your general surgeon and try to get the gallbladder and hyst done at the same time. Usually the gallbladder is done laparoscopically too so if it were me I'd want to get it all over with even if it means rescheduling your surgery so the surgeons can both do it on the same day. If you're having a lap hyst then they can use the same ports (incisions) to do both and they just pull the gallbladder out through the bellybutton incision. After I had my last child they wanted me to come back 6 weeks later for my tubal but I refused and made them do it the same day. If I'm gonna be hurting I want to get it over with and not have to go back a second time. Everything will be fine, good luck and God bless!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register