all I can say is oooohhh, that smell - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

all I can say is oooohhh, that smell all I can say is oooohhh, that smell

Unread 04-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Re: all I can say is oooohhh, that smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellesbelle View Post
I spoke to my gyny on the phone today and he is sending me a script for some cream which should stop the smell in a few days.

Seeing as though so many ladies on here get this I thought it was normal and I should just put up with it but I wish I had taken the advice of only two sisters in this thread saying to get to the doctors if its really offensive.
ellesbelle is right. Any oder that is offensive or that lasts more than a couple of days needs to be reported to your doctor. Some odor is to be expected, but it should not be offensive - it shouldn't "stink". Call your doctor if this happens to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2010, 03:13 PM

I had the "smell" a few weeks after surgery. It went away and has returned after 3-4 months. I am a bit concerned since it left for a long bit and came back. The pain came back as well. I was told I could do "anything" but it sure doesn' t feel like it!
Unread 04-20-2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annier01 View Post
Can anyone tell me how long this odor lasts? Mine is going on for about 2 wks. Im three wks out of surgery. I can't stand this. Mine is like a sour smell... Help!!!
Please get it checked out and do not suffer, even if its normal its better to find out than to sit on it and then find out you have an infection which it seems is what I have.
I really wish I had rang my Gyny sooner.

Take care and be well.
xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2010, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine View Post

ellesbelle is right. Any oder that is offensive or that lasts more than a couple of days needs to be reported to your doctor. Some odor is to be expected, but it should not be offensive - it shouldn't "stink". Call your doctor if this happens to you.
Yes yes ladies please call your Doctors.
xx
Unread 04-24-2010, 01:11 PM

Has your odor gone away....hope so by now, its end of April....fyi....i had odor for 2-3 wks....finally couldn't take it any longer. went to the MD and had an infection which MD said was very common. On antibiotic now....Dont let it go on for 2 long if you haven't already done something
Unread 04-24-2010, 01:15 PM

Did he look to see or take sample? I had bad smell for 2 to 3 wks....finally couldnt take it any longer, went in and had an infection which MD said was very common from the healing process. On an antibiotic now and smell is gone.
Unread 04-24-2010, 04:46 PM

Now I've got the Smelly Cat song going through my head The Friends episode in which the cat had horrendous gas, and they were all taking turns singing lines of the Smelly Cat song.

Yes, I have a smelly cat too
Unread 04-26-2010, 04:05 AM

Morning girls;
I had a TVH on 2/24 and I have not had that smell yet does anyone think this is a problem?I went for a internal on the 20th dr said I still have stiches inside has anyone taken this long to heal? I still have swelly belly.
Unread 04-26-2010, 04:27 AM

I am in my 6th week now. No sign if stitches in panties and no smell. I asked dr about it on Friday and he said my stitches had dissolved and my cuff was still healing (scar tissue still he said). Said no sex for a few weeks more. No problem! The internal didn't feel that great so happy to wait.
Unread 04-26-2010, 05:04 AM

Hi psharky:
I ahd a TVH on 2/24 as of today I have not gotten the smell either.I went for a check up on 4/20 and was told my stiches have not healed as of yet no sex which the internal hurt anyways limit my bending no picking up heavy packages,I have urine leakage here and there I hope that goes away.I hope to get that smell soon because I heard that means your healing.I want to be done with this soon.I still have swelly belly . I have another check up in 5 weeks. Do you have swelly belly? How are you feeling today?

Feel better

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register