Anyway have pain prior to BM's and w/gas? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyway have pain prior to BM's and w/gas? Anyway have pain prior to BM's and w/gas?

Unread 08-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Anyway have pain prior to BM's and w/gas?

I'm seven days post-op and I have been really struggling with gas and BM (or lack thereof...hehehe) I should say. I wasn't prepared for this part of recovery, but it keeps life interesting! I see my doctor Wednesday, so I wonder what advise he'll give me about this. Well hope this helps to know you're not a lone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-01-2005, 06:16 PM

Again, take it easy....I notice two weeks PO that I am still experiencing pain every--darn--time before I BM. I am one of those sisters that never had not one issue with the "alone time", so this is quite a shock for me. If you are still experiencing issues, have a heart to heart with the Doc. Good luck. :dance2:[/
Unread 08-01-2005, 07:05 PM

A little bit of advice, do yourself a huge favor and do not , whatever you do...eat a bunch of nuts or those 5 grain breads. I love muching on them and normally have no problems, but since my surgery I ate some the last two days and was having gas pains, sharp shooting pains in my pelvic area and was over all miserable all day (I've been feeling GREAT until today) Then I took some "MOM" and about died on the toilet with the nuts and seeds coming through, I apologize for being so graphic, but I wouldn't wish this pain on my worst enemy. So if you must munch, ground 'em down to absolute mush before swallowing and good luck! 's
Melissa
TVH~several fibroids and long heavy, painful periods
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2005, 10:08 PM

Try taking citrucil twice a day and a stool softener like colace. They have really helped me. I was in terrible pain before and severely constipated because of the percocet I was taking. I stopped the percocet and am only taking motrin and tylenol and one vicodin at bed time.
Good luck!
Lapatrice
Unread 08-04-2005, 12:20 AM

thank goodness I'm not alone....It's the only pain I have had since op and have found just eating( doesn't matter what) brings gas!!!! Drinking water with meal and after does seem to help..(but not much)... it's the smell that gets to me!!!!( and the rest of the family...my 14 year old son thinks its the funniest thing!!!)
I havn't had any pain during BM's since the "first" one 4 days after being at home from the castle, but the gas pain can leave you speechless and pale! It seems to be getting less( am 2 weeks post op) and am hoping that it just keeps on getting less as time goes by. I also have never been a "gassy" person..( hense the amusement of my DS). And Melissa(thanks for the giggle) is soooooo right about the nuts, including those covered in choc.....hahaha,

Regards Kim
Unread 08-04-2005, 07:06 AM

I get teh same way. I have had to make sure I drink lots o fwater and juice and eat more fruit and veges. The Dr told me that any of us with endo or adhesions can take up to 6 months to have that go away.
Unread 08-04-2005, 07:47 AM
It will get better

3 weeks post op, mine is finally getting better. I still go very quickly after a meal; however it's not as painful. Now I am concerned with my bladder and urethra pain.
Unread 08-04-2005, 09:23 PM
So glad not alone!

Huge thank you to all of you that replied to this squeamish, not wanting to talk about in public subject! I felt so much better hearing I wasn't the only one!

I have talked to my doc 3 times now and she did a pelvic ultrasound the 2nd time and didn't see anything nasty, so she feels it'll go away in time.

Anyway, just wanted to say "thank you", sincerely... Hugs to all of you!

Lori
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:29 PM
I hear Ya

Its good to know this gas pain will go away eventually. The pain is excruciating. I was in tears this evening there was so much pain. I'm only 8 days out from LSH (laproscopic supracervical Hyster). Just the uterus was removed for heavy bleeding. Other than the pain, the relief from gushing is so nice, but if this gas pain doesnt go away soon, I'm gonna go crazy. Thanks for all the info and support.
Nancy
Unread 08-19-2005, 09:42 PM

Nancy try Beano or GasX they might relieve some of your gas pains. Kim I am sorry but I was lol reading about your son. I can just hear my oldest son who is 24 say ONG mom what the **** died in here? He just returned from Iraq so he language is rather colorful but I am so glad he is home at least for now.
Marg

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register