Has anyone here had a Laproscopic surgery, has a desk job and went back too soon. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone here had a Laproscopic surgery, has a desk job and went back too soon. Has anyone here had a Laproscopic surgery, has a desk job and went back too soon.

Unread 01-09-2009, 03:47 AM
Has anyone here had a Laproscopic surgery, has a desk job and went back too soon.

Before my surgery, my gyn onc told me I probably could return to work 1-2 weeks after surgery. And, I was fully released two weeks after surgery. The very next day, I returned to my desk job.

Although I went back half-days and took the next three weeks to transition gradually to full days, I would stay home longer, if I had it to do again. When I would get home from the office mid-afternoon, I had to take a nap before I could do anything. And my body literally hurt from the swelly belly and pressure. There were a couple of long days during this period when I would come home and feel sick to my stomach, which is very unusual for me, because I was so exhausted.

I would encourage you to take the time off and take good care of yourself. Best wishes to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Has anyone here had a Laproscopic surgery, has a desk job and went back too soon.

I, too, have a desk job. I feel like I recovered quickly after the TLAVH and came back to work after 3 1/2 weeks. My last week at home during the school holiday was very tiring due to my sick baby husband and my sick child so I was ready to get away from the house. The first day back at work I found out they had me scheduled to meet a client at 11 am and I got really stressed. My abdominal muscles tensed up and I got achy all over. The meeting cancelled thank goodness and then I felt better. I am very tired every night and of course my family thinks I am fine and should do all the work again. I am trying my best to milk the sympathy as much as I can at home and work!
Unread 01-09-2009, 09:20 AM

I forgot to mention some things that I did pre-op to help with the bills. I called my mortgage company and bank where my car is financed and asked to skip a payment. I told them that I was having surgery and was going to be off work for a while and just asked. I didn't want to get behind and they were very nice and allowed it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2009, 10:15 AM

i was planning on going back after 3 weeks, then had complications so now im off the 6 weeks and having another surgery on jan 20th. With that being said, the girls are right even though it was a laparoscopic surgery, it is still a MAJOR surgery, your body needs time to heal. So even though being off the 8 weeks is causing a little bit of a financial burden, it is far cheaper than going back too soon and causing any harm. I can assure you if you and your children have strep throat, then your husband gets it, he will swear the virus mutated and there was no way the rest of you were as sick as he is. lol So do yourself a favor, take it easy, rest, and by all means do not feel guilty. Pamper YOURSELF......
Unread 01-09-2009, 10:34 AM

This is a hard decision. I am kind of going back to work next week 3 weeks post op. I have to take a class for my job and I thought this may be a good time to take it. Also, a good way to get back into the swing of things. I am not to worried about sitting, I plan to take walks around the building during breaks. I feel good just tired at times. I have been out and about and have just learned to pace myself. It's hard when your use to just pushing through.

Have a great day!
Nena
Unread 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieQfistula
i was planning on going back after 3 weeks, then had complications so now im off the 6 weeks and having another surgery on jan 20th. With that being said, the girls are right even though it was a laparoscopic surgery, it is still a MAJOR surgery, your body needs time to heal. So even though being off the 8 weeks is causing a little bit of a financial burden, it is far cheaper than going back too soon and causing any harm. I can assure you if you and your children have strep throat, then your husband gets it, he will swear the virus mutated and there was no way the rest of you were as sick as he is. lol So do yourself a favor, take it easy, rest, and by all means do not feel guilty. Pamper YOURSELF......
I'm sorry about your complications. At least you have your sense of humor! You would think my dh's cold (the same one I had a week before my surgery and the same one he told me couldn't be so bad because I didn't sound bad) would warrant hospitalization at this point the way he is acting. I went back to work Monday, and have taken today off to lay around and do nothing - not like that's really possible. I have a tremendous amount of pressure and sharp stabbing pains at my lower lap incisions. I'm convinced this is from sitting upright for 8 hours a day the last 4 days. Again I reiterate to op, take the time off if you can.
Unread 01-09-2009, 12:02 PM

I had a LSH/BSO on November 3 and returned to work after only a week and a half, doctor said it would be fine. I should have waited the full two weeks recommended by the nurse at my gyn office. I did get extremely tired the first couple days and left early. By the following week things were much better and I actually felt like being there.
I did ok going back so soon but each person is different...take the time available to you if you feel its necessary.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register