4 days post hysterectomy: Hunger lacking? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post hysterectomy: Hunger lacking? 4 days post hysterectomy: Hunger lacking?

Unread 09-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Re: 4 days post hysterectomy: Hunger lacking?

Not having constipation as a problem. The doctor prescribed colase. Which I have to admit is becoming a problem as I have a problem swallowing pills. I have percocet and motrin for pain and swelling both of which can be bitten into much smaller pieces. The colase is a liquid pill and I'm having trouble swallowing it. My husband said he's going to get some bran muffins and other food possibilities to help so I don't have to struggle with the colase anymore. Avoiding those foods won't be a problem since I don't like any of them except pears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2016, 01:36 PM

The active ingredient of the Colace is in the liquid, not the capsule surrounding it. You can cut the capsule open and swallow just the liquid. (Maybe mix it with the Pepsi?) Colace is also available as drops or as a syrup.
Unread 09-03-2016, 01:42 PM

That's interesting but when I bit into it, it made my mouth numb and was the nastiest tasting stuff. I will ask my husband to see if he can find it in liquid form and hopefully it won't make my mouth feel so nasty for hours. Thank you for the help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2016, 02:07 PM

https://www.drugs.com/drp/colace-cap...up-liquid.html suggests that "Colace liquid or syrup must be given in a 6 oz. to 8 oz. glass of milk or fruit juice or in infant's formula to prevent throat irritation." I'm wondering what the results would be if you dumped the contents of a capsule into a 6-8 oz glass of Pepsi or any other liquid of your choice?
Unread 09-03-2016, 04:17 PM

Maybe. Though I'm wondering if I need it since I haven't had any in almost 24 hours but have been drinking lots of apple juice which is supposed to help. I've also been eating cheese. Lots of cheese is asking for a stomach ache since I'm lactose intolerant but small amounts act (like a couple slices twice a day) like a stool softener on me. Oh I miss being able to eat all the cheese I want. Used to eat whole bricks of it as a kid, now if it's more than a few slices I have to use lactaid and it only works so far. If I have 2 slices of pizza I should be fine but more than that would send me to the bathroom for hours. I think my desire for food must be coming back because I just had the most massive craving for pepperoni pizza as I typed that.
Unread 09-03-2016, 07:45 PM

I didnt have an appetite for weeks & if it wasnt for receiving some gift baskets, I probably would have eaten less. I did eat mostly for the GI constipation to keep things going.. (That is a big reason we dont have much appetite). Apples, white grape juice, prunes, salad w olive oil, nuts, pumpkin seeds. Yogurt & soups.. I would take a couple bites of a scrambled egg & wheat
toast for breakfast. I then switched to smoothies (can add fruits, protein, spinach, yogurt & or soy milk) & I got into snacking on frozen fruit, which is refreshing.. (yes, it made it easy bc I was too fatigued to wash fruit at times!)

🌹
Unread 09-03-2016, 08:11 PM

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. I actually had a craving for pepperoni pizza today. Not really an option at the moment but at least it shows I'm wanting food again. My husband just went out for groceries and said he will bring home bananas which I also want. And more apple juice, that's good too. So it's starting to come back. Slowly but it is. I swear when I can finally know I can eat it without my guts doing something annoying, I can't wait for the biggest cheeseburger and ooo McDonald's French fries.
Unread 09-04-2016, 07:11 PM

I'm feeling the exact same way. I'm not hungry, and nothing sounds good except crackers and water. I figure once I'm feeling better, my appetite will bounce back. Feel better soon!
Unread 09-04-2016, 08:00 PM

Just keep snacking on something healthy, small portions & a variety throughout the day. I was drinking water, tea, have a 1/2 apple, some nuts, some other fruits, juices. Another apple, etc..Fit in some protein like an egg or a smoothie w yogurt bc have to keep your strength up. It gets better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register