Yellow vaginal discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yellow vaginal discharge Yellow vaginal discharge

Unread 06-20-2006, 12:06 PM
Yellow vaginal discharge

I had an LSH on May 9th. I'm about 6 weeks out now, and have develped a fairly thick yellow discharge. I was wondering....is this normal??? Most of the posts that I've read regarding a yellow discharge, talk about the stitches dissolving and causing this - however, I did not have internal stitches.
I've also been having some stomach cramping/spasms, but don't know if it's related. I just returned from a trip overseas, so thinking it may be a bug of some sort???
Anyone have any insight on the discharge? I'm so tired of going to the Dr. I was hoping I could find out if it's a normal part of the healing process and save myself a trip.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Yellow vaginal discharge

You have a thick discharge and pain. Please go to your Dr. (or at least phone). Your Dr will probably want to know if you have a fever (even slight) and will probably want to take a swab to culture it. It may be nothing but it is defintely worth getting checked out.
Unread 06-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Yellow vaginal discharge

WEll, I still have a thick yellow discharge but no fever. I am informed I still have a stitch and that it is part of the healing process - plasma etc. My swab came back negative.
I would def recommend seeing your doctor for a swab and would be very interested to know the result. xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2006, 01:53 PM
Yellow vaginal discharge

After I posted I went ahead and made an appt. with the doctor...but can't get in until NEXT Wednesday! Just checked my temp, and don't have even a slight fever.
I've had a similiar stomach ailment about 3 months ago, and was diagnosed with gastroenteritis. This feels like the same thing with the stomach spasms. My bowels tend to 'go on strike' whenever I'm away from home, so I didn't have a bm for over a week!!! I took MOM when I got home on Sunday, and it was as painful as the first bm after my surgery - OUCH - I'm still not 'back on track' so that certainly may be contributing to the stomach issues. I also think I may have overdid things while on vacation....dragging around heavy luggage, doing a lot of walking, etc. Who knows????
Either way, I'm going to have it checked out. Hopefully it's not an infection, and will pass soon, because it is annoying to have to wear a pantyliner again - and just when I thought I was done with those darn things forever!!!!
Unread 06-20-2006, 04:32 PM
Yellow vaginal discharge

I know what you mean valwp. I had an LSH on June 1st and have had the same thing. (the discharge). Although I haven't had the stomach problems. It will be interesting to see what your doctor has to say. I just had my 2wk post op and my doctor didn't seem concerned. I did have an infection within my incision though and he was more concerned about that. Keep us posted.
Unread 06-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Yellow vaginal discharge

Hi everyone. I too had a yellow discharge but mine was an infection.. My doctor said that if your discharge is thick yellow, fever present or it smells than you need to see your doctor as soon as possible.. But if you have all symptoms at once go to emergency room..
when in doubt ask.... reba
Unread 06-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Yellow vaginal discharge

When seeing the Urologist at four weeks out, I asked him about the yellow discharge, and he said it was normal and could last up to eight weeks. He did ask how many times I was having to change panty liners. It's now less than it was last week but does seem to increase the more activity I do. The stitches are finally starting to come out. My post-op with the GYN was this past Friday, and she too said the discharge is normal. When in doubt check it out.

Maxine
Unread 07-01-2006, 11:20 AM
Yellow vaginal discharge

Glycerin suppositories are wonderful when you're stopped up or just need some help having a BM. No cramping, no chalky taste..(hehe)
Unread 07-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Yellow vaginal discharge

Turns out that my discharge was a bacterial infection. Very common after surgery, according to my doctor. I've been on Metronidazole for nearly a week, and the discharge has lessened considerably, although not quite gone yet.
Thanks for your replies.
Unread 07-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Yellow vaginal discharge

Am glad you called in- same basic thing happened to me I started the discharge & had a bit of strange odor- thought is was the 'normal' one that so many girls get- ended up in the ER yesterday barely a slight fever & cramping all across my lower abdomen- found out I had a bacterial infection with a secondary infection also- Infection was bad! They gave me both Metronidozole(Flagyl) pills & cleocin cream UGH. I wish I had called when it started! Always call the Dr... its better to be safe than sorry

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register