TAH/BSO on the 21st | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TAH/BSO on the 21st TAH/BSO on the 21st

Unread 12-15-2006, 02:29 PM
TAH/BSO on the 21st

I just went in today and had my pre-op bloodwork done. My TAH/BSO is scheduled for the 21st. The thing I am most afraid of is my Dr. said I will go through instant menopause. That doesnt sound fun. 10 days after surgury I have to fly across country also and be staying with my ex inlaws for a week. Definately don't want to be moody and hormonal then. Reading everyone's posts has been encouraging. Best withes to all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2006, 07:03 PM
TAH/BSO on the 21st

Can you use your surgery to get out of the trip? That is if you want to. My doc put me on the Vivelle dots first thing. I have yet to experience any of the symptoms of menopause. The hot flashes I was having before surgery have even stopped. I would just be worried about a blood clot forming from having to keep your legs bent like that for such a long time. My doc said that even on a car ride to stop at least every 30 minutes to at least walk around the car. I hope everything goes well with you and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Luck, and Prayers,
Char
Unread 12-15-2006, 07:29 PM
TAH/BSO on the 21st

I had TAH/BSO on 11/7 and have not been on any hormones. Only one hot flash (just last week) and not really any moodiness. Cranky?? Well I was cranky with ovaries so why should that have changed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2006, 08:17 PM
TAH/BSO on the 21st

thanks girls. I appreciate not having to worry so much about instant moodiness. and I can't put off the trip. It is to see my youngest son. I haven't seen him since July and its driving us both crazy. I guess I can get up and walk around the plane,huh? Hugs to all.
Unread 12-16-2006, 05:06 PM
TAH/BSO on the 21st

Please be careful. I cannot imagine going on a big trip 10 days after surgery. You will be totally worn out. If you cannot postpone, rest when possible.

Also, with sisters who are having a TAH, I highly recommend a chair to but in the shower to sit on while taking a shower. Standing for even short periods of time is very strenuous.

Take care.
Unread 12-17-2006, 12:10 AM
TAH/BSO on the 21st

Thank you for your reply. I would love to postpone the trip but with schedules of my out-laws and my college courses I can't. I just cant let my son down. I am aiming on just being a strong woman and doing what I have to do. We women understand this. If we have no one to count on, we count on ourselves. Honestly, and I guess I can be honest on here, I have moved in with my brother and his wife. She is a pain pill addict. I know I will need these meds to fly and recupperate and I have to call my Dr. two days prior to my surgury and have her prescribe them so they are in my hands as she is the one who will take me to surgury and pick me up. Kind of scary but its what I have to do. Thank you again to all my girlfriends out there who have been through this. Nice to have this web site. 5 more days and counting!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register