Tubal ligation and hysterectomies | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tubal ligation and hysterectomies Tubal ligation and hysterectomies

Unread 03-27-2008, 07:33 AM
Tubal ligation and hysterectomies

I just a question that I think personally affects me but am curious about others. Do you think a tubal ligation earlier in life caused you to eventually have a hysterectomy? I felt that everything went downhill after mine years ago. What do everybody else think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 07:46 AM

i honestly dont know but i do know three people that had tubals years ago and had terrible problems with ovulation pain after, bloating and just a general feeling of not feeling right. theyve all had hysterectomies. i dont know if its a coincidance or not. one of my girlfriends had to go on the pill after her tubal to stop her ovulation.
Unread 03-27-2008, 07:55 AM

SpyGoddess I think this is probably an individual thing BUT I do agree with your thought in my case.

I was in good health no aches or pains, always had normal - heave periods but nothing that "complicated" my life or ever needed to seek help for. Last year I had a tubal litigitation, I had already lost one due to ectopic 6 years before.

After my litigation everything went downhill FAST. I had continious pelvic pain, lower back...it got so bad in a few months that I went from work to home and in bed every day...my life just kinda stopped. My periods stopped misteriously(several docs could not come up with a reason), we tried several therapies and nothing worked. I have been on 800mg Ibuprofen for 8 months EVERY DAY. I finally gave in to hysterectomy in December. I am day 13 post-op and I all that pain is gone, what I have now from the surgery is different...IYKWIM.

It just kinda made sense to me....Fine ->Tubal ->Not Fine

We got my pathology report back while still in hospital and it showed nothing. My doc still does not understand it but we are both relieved that my pre-op pain is gone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 07:55 AM

I had my tubes done 2 yrs. ago but it had nothing to do with my hysterectomy. I had normal paps until June and then all h--- broke loose.
I had precancer cells in cervix and glands and everything was growing fast so my gyn/onc felt it best to do surgery immediately.
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:35 AM

I had my tubes done in 92,but already had bleeding issues & still had to take hormones afterward for yrs.Now I tell young ladies just take the pill I wound up on the pill inspite of tubal ligation & ablation.The ablation was awesome for 3yrs then I got severe pain adenomyosis,fibroids & ovarian cysts. It did stop the bleeding but then I had to taake pills to stop the ovulating
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:39 AM

Sounds like it all depends on the individual circumstances. Had a tubal in 1991, never had any problems whatsoever from it.
Unread 03-27-2008, 08:42 AM

I had a tubal ligation in '76 after the birth of my third child in less than 5 years (and hubby was in Nam for one of those) because other forms of birth control gave me problems. I had my hysterectomy because of prolapse from having three 8 pound babies according to the doctor. In my case I had no problems after the tubal and did not have bad periods at all. So I'd say it was not related in my case.

Downyocean.
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:04 PM

Hi,
I had a tubal done in 95 and then started having extremely heavy periods from then on. We tried birth control, hormones, and ablation. The bleeding got to be continous everyday occurance since last July. So I opted to have hysterectomy in Feb. I wanted to make sure my boss and his wife would have good quality time with their new baby that was born in Dec.2007. Pathology report showed adenomyosis, which we weren't expecting since dr. could only see fibroids, also having a 5 month uterus as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register