swelly belly post exercise??????7mths | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

swelly belly post exercise??????7mths swelly belly post exercise??????7mths

Unread 06-05-2009, 09:25 AM
swelly belly post exercise??????7mths

Hi im 7mths post TAH and on the whole have recovered very well,lost all weight gained back into norm clothes etc but have noticed that after running or sit ups my belly rather swollen is this norm?i have no pain and it does go back down again if i dont exercise for a few days,and then its nearly totally flat,any one else going through this or got advice,just need to no its the norm???luv owls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Re: swelly belly post exercise??????7mths

Owls,

It's nice to hear that you are doing so well! I notice my belly gets swollen too. But, you know, I chalked it up to not getting enough fiber and not swelly belly. But yeah, it comes and goes. Weird.

Unread 06-05-2009, 08:01 PM

I sure wish that we could exercise our way out of this one instead of more activity making it more pronounced. I keep telling myself that by the time a year is up that I will be rid of this little ball of dough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2009, 09:29 AM

Thanks for replies glad to hear im not on my own,im also working hard on getting rid of ridge above scar im sure goin have a good attempt at making it flat and if it doesnt go it wont be through lack of trying???good luck with swelly belly girls::
luv owls
44yrs young
TAH
Unread 06-06-2009, 12:35 PM

Me too! I am 16+ weeks post-op (3 months + ), and I still have issues with swelly belly. I finally got the energy to go golfing, and walked 18 holes. We teed off mid-morning, so I didn't really have much time to do housework beforehand. By the time I got home, my belly was huge! I looked 4-5 months preggo! Next morning, it was gone. I am not a big fan of this swelly belly thing, especially since I already have a bit of a tummy. I am looking forward to the day when the swelly belly makes its disappearance!
Unread 06-06-2009, 12:51 PM

Hi everyone,
I also seem to be swollen in the lower belly,feel bloated all the time. I am only 3 1/2 wks post TAH and still on limited activity,no lifting more than a gallon of milk no martial arts and walking seems to make it worse,not to mention the pain.
Hope this goes away soon....I hope my dr lets me go back to work in the end of June,but also nervous as I spend the entire day on my feet on a concrete floor.My job also includes alot of heavy lifting.
Also I will be on me feet for 16 plus hours a day for an entire weekend in August and not sure how the swollen belly will do.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register