Gas pain treatment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gas pain treatment Gas pain treatment

Unread 05-25-2008, 10:35 AM
Gas pain treatment

Has anyone tried papaya (pills) for gas? My DBF feels strongly about using this over Tums/Gas-X, or the like. For postop issues, I'd rather go the natural route versus man-made chemical stuff. I haven't had a problem with gas, so I am clueless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2008, 11:33 AM
Gas pain treatment

I don't know about papaya for gas, but I know ginger is good for nausea. You can either eat cancied ginger (yum) or make ginger tea from fresh ginger (also yum). I plan to make ginger tea and have it in the fridge for when I get home (whether I am nauseated or not - it tastes yummy).
Unread 05-25-2008, 11:46 AM
Gas pain treatment

PEACEFUL- where do you find the cancied ginger and how do you make ginger tea?? Sounds great
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2008, 01:05 PM
Gas pain treatment

Will gingersnaps work? LOL... not sure I'd like candied ginger Ü
Unread 05-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Gas pain treatment

My father used papaya pills for indigestion when he had his first Agioplasty. I do not know about using it for gas. You may be able to google it. He switched after about a week because he wasn't getting good results from using the pills (they were chewables). I used and still use Gas-x pills
Unread 05-25-2008, 04:53 PM
Gas pain treatment

Papaya is great home remedy for gas, so is peppermint. I drank peppermint tea by the gallons after my hyster.

As for the candied ginger, I lived off it to keep the sickness that pain meds gave me. The easiest place to find it is in a grocery store that has a large asian foods section. It is usually near the sushi stuff in a yellow box. You can also go to a decent herb store to get it or make your own from some of the wonderful intructions you can google.
Unread 05-25-2008, 08:19 PM
Gas pain treatment

Here is a recipe for ginger tea. All I did was put "ginger tea recipe" into a search engine. This was the first hit.

I buy my candied ginger at Whole Foods from the bulk/bin area. You can also buy it in the grocery store where they sell those candied fruits for making fruit cake. Those are more uniform shaped than the ones from Whole Foods, but YUM! either way! I've heard ginger snaps would work, too.

I forgot about peppermint soothing the tummy, too. I might have to stock up on it, too!

I hope that helps, ladies.
Unread 05-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Gas pain treatment

i am making this tea right now ... DD has had a stomach-bug for the last few days (yeah, bad timing, i know!) so i'll let you know how it works out -- thanks for sharing!
Unread 05-25-2008, 09:05 PM
Gas pain treatment

Peppermint tea and ginger of some sort on my list now....thanks ladies!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register