Starting day 7 :-) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Starting day 7 :-) Starting day 7 :-)

Unread 08-26-2013, 11:57 PM
Starting day 7 :-)

Well I`ve been getting around pretty good...still not over doing it...just a little soreness now when I turn over not like it use to be...still have this pulling feeling after I almost finish urinating...don`t know if that`s normal...plus now I have a funny odor...well I see my Dr. on 9/04/13 so ready...do they pack you with anything that has to be pulled out? Hope all are doing well :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Re: Starting day 7 :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureladyd View Post
Well I`ve been getting around pretty good...still not over doing it...just a little soreness now when I turn over not like it use to be...still have this pulling feeling after I almost finish urinating...don`t know if that`s normal...plus now I have a funny odor...well I see my Dr. on 9/04/13 so ready...do they pack you with anything that has to be pulled out? Hope all are doing well :-)
Hey beautiful girl and welcome to the other side!!!!!!!!

Sorry to here that you are having some concerns but that over-all you are doing well. You mentioned a couple of concerns princess and anything that is causing you to asl questions should be seen to. I know you said you've got an appointment in the next week or so and that's great, but don't hesitate to give the surgery a call and tell them what's happening and ask for their advice. It will put your mind at ease and that's what they are there for, to look after you. He will also answer any immediate questions you have and you will feel better for it.

I had a Total Laproscopic Hysterectomy so won't be able to help you with your question but a lot of our sisters that have had the same Hysto as you will be able to put you on the right track and answer your post. But for now, I just wanted to welcome you and let you know that there is always a sister out there that's ready and willing to help you in any way we can and any way you need.

So take care, don't hesitate to ask your doctor if you have any concerns that are worrying you and rest as much as you can. You are our sister now and you'll won't have to go through this alone. xoxo.

Hugs galore, xoxo.
Unread 08-27-2013, 02:25 AM

Thank you Selias...I will give them a call :-)...I see you had yours on my daughters birthday...how are you feeling now? Do you still feel symptoms? Or are you pretty much good to go....so ready to get back to normal life lol...thanks again :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-27-2013, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Hello

Once the packing is removed in the hospital they don't pack you with any more.
Did you have any other repairs during your hysterectomy surgery? I do know our organs can get bruised after surgery and I ended up with a bladder infection about a week and a half out, called dr and she called in a prescription for me. In a few days my pulling and discomfort were gone. I really didn't have any other symptoms, like the normal pain when urinating, just a weird pulling type sensation.
Definitely worth giving your dr a call.

You are lucky to be able to lay and turn over on your side. I just mastered that a couple of days ago. I kind of roll over on my side and tuck a pillow under my belly, so I guess technically I'm half laying on a pillow. It's the only way i can comfortably do it.

So, give your dr a call and check on the pulling feeling. Better safe than sorry, you certainly want to catch a possible infection in the early stages.

Good luck and Happy Healing
Unread 08-27-2013, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Thank you Selias...I will give them a call :-)...I see you had yours on my daughters birthday...how are you feeling now? Do you still feel symptoms? Or are you pretty much good to go....so ready to get back to normal life lol...thanks again :-)
Hey princess!

No thanks necessary sweet girl. That's what we are all here for...and it will be good to get those concerns out of the way. Hope you feel better soon and don't be frightened of asking the doctor to explain it again for you until you are comfortable that you fully understand. It might also help if you take a list of your questions along with you to the surgery. I always seem to go blank when I'm actually there so reading off my list really helps.

...and many happy returns to your daughter princess!!!!! I do hope her special day was magical!

I'm doing really well thanks. Very sweet of you to ask. I'm pretty much back to 'normal' and I'm back at work, full duties, even fuller duties back at home at my 'unpaid job'... in fact, that's why sorry, I was late in seeing and answering your post (dinner time here in Australia and had to feed the troupes!) and I feel really good. No pain, but still have some lingering fatigue symptoms but hey, don't know whether it's all due to the surgery or just me getting older!

All in all, I'm so glad I had the surgery and don't regret it at all. Sure, there were good days and bad days, ups, downs...you name it!...it was certainly an interesting ride!. But, in the end, we ALL get there and we ALL make it beautiful girl and YOU will too!!!!! Just take one day at a time, one step at a time and pretty soon you'll be flying! and on your way to the beautiful, pain free healthy life that lies ahead. xoxo.

So take heart dear lady, you are travelling this road with the best of company. There may be a few detours along the way, but we will get there!!!!!!! Remember to look after yourself and rest as often as you can. Your body needs time to heal and you deserve that luxury. So be patient and allow yourself the time you need to heal and recover properly

God bless you beautiful girl and wishing you continued happy healings. Keep us up dated please and best of luck!

Hugs galore, xoxo.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register