Important please remember!!! Thank your Nurses | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Important please remember!!! Thank your Nurses Important please remember!!! Thank your Nurses

Unread 08-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Important please remember!!! Thank your Nurses

Please remember to treat your nurses how you would like to be treated!!

I have friends that are nurses and they tell me stories of how they feel unappreciated and most the time get yelled at or kicked and spit on and just all around treated poorly by patients.

I made a cute printable to go on a basket of candy and bubble wrap squares that reads:

"I know people often forget that nurses are humans to so
THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!

STRESS RELIEF

Directions: Simply pop stress relieving capsules every 4-6 hours or as needed.

If symptoms persist grab some chocolate!

From (My name & Family)"

when i printed it off i took a picture and asked my nurse friends what they think and they really loved the idea and said it will really go a long way with the nurses and show them u care.. and possibly even brighten a rough day they may be having..

you never know whats going on in their lives they could be suffering a loss in the family, going through a divorce, the loss of a child, their house burned down, you just never know!

yes they are there to help you but they are humans with feelings too not just handmaids to push around and yell at.. they often work 12hr shifts and miss family occasions like 1st birthdays and christmas dinners because they are there doing what they love taking care of YOU!

even if you dont have the money to purchase anything writing a simple thankyou note goes a long way!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2015, 08:33 PM
Important please remember!!! Thank your Nurses

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryin-2-survive View Post
Please remember to treat your nurses how you would like to be treated!!

I have friends that are nurses and they tell me stories of how they feel unappreciated and most the time get yelled at or kicked and spit on and just all around treated poorly by patients.

I made a cute printable to go on a basket of candy and bubble wrap squares that reads:

"I know people often forget that nurses are humans to so
THANK YOU FOR ALL THAT YOU DO!

STRESS RELIEF

Directions: Simply pop stress relieving capsules every 4-6 hours or as needed.

If symptoms persist grab some chocolate!

From (My name & Family)"

when i printed it off i took a picture and asked my nurse friends what they think and they really loved the idea and said it will really go a long way with the nurses and show them u care.. and possibly even brighten a rough day they may be having..

you never know whats going on in their lives they could be suffering a loss in the family, going through a divorce, the loss of a child, their house burned down, you just never know!

yes they are there to help you but they are humans with feelings too not just handmaids to push around and yell at.. they often work 12hr shifts and miss family occasions like 1st birthdays and christmas dinners because they are there doing what they love taking care of YOU!

even if you dont have the money to purchase anything writing a simple thankyou note goes a long way!!!
What a great idea!
Unread 08-12-2015, 09:30 PM
Re: Important please remember!!!

Great point!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2015, 06:39 AM

I really lucked out! All of the staff I dealt with at my surgery hospital were patient, caring and kind. :-) Remember, though, it's a hospital, not a hotel. If you press the call button and have to wait a few minutes, consider that maybe the nurses are busy taking care of someone who's in worse shape than you.
Unread 08-13-2015, 07:56 AM

My nurses were wonderful, and I was sure to let them know that I thought so! One of the RNs changed my bed when I went to take a shower, so it would be ready when I came out, instead of waiting for housekeeping. Even though I was being discharged. They were all super helpful
Unread 08-13-2015, 10:20 AM

So important!

I had tons of nervous energy the day before my surgery, so I baked a coffee cake for my DH to bring up to the nurses when I got to my room. They loved it and thanked me profusely.

When DH was in the big house for kidney failure, I made sure to bring a dozen bagels and cream cheese right at the shift change (7 am) for the nurses...thanking them for being patient with a patient who is sometimes impatient!
Unread 08-13-2015, 12:40 PM

I had heard horror stories about the nursing care of the hospital I went to but honestly, I got A+, top notch care. The day I was released, I asked my husband who works at a large organic grocer, to pick up some treats for the nurses who took such good care of me. They really appreciated it! I think that no matter how crummy you may feel while you are in the hospital, remember to treat the nurses with respect and gratitude and you'll be rewarded with kindness and compassion.
Unread 08-13-2015, 05:55 PM

Remember too that if you have someone at the hospital with you, they can walk to the nurses station for extra blankets, ice, etc...instead of buzzing them for that.

What helps too is that when someone comes in your room,. put your phone down, turn the TV down and pay attention.
Unread 08-15-2015, 03:43 AM
Re: Important please remember!!! Thank your Nurses

I had an awesome experience all around. The nurse in the surgical day care was fantastic! Very knowledgeable. Put me at ease. I did meet the or nurse, plus the nurse anesthestist. Don't remember much about them, but the couple minuets I spoke with them, they were nice. My recovery room nurse, by far was wondeful! I woke up reallt awful after surgery. I had alot of and cramping and I waa dry heaving. I couldn't lay still in the bed. She medicated me for the pain and nausea. Took about 20min I think before everytging was under control. I felt bad. I kept apologizing to her. I stayed over for one night. Everyone from the nurses, aides and housekeeping was fantastic. Planning on sending them something, not sure what yet. Especially the recovery room. She had to put up with alot taking care of me. She didn't leave my side until pain and nauseas were under control. I kept hanging off the siderail and get out of bed. Not wanting to do an incident report after I fell might have something to with it. Lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register