Just had THE visit with Dr | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just had THE visit with Dr Just had THE visit with Dr

Unread 06-17-2006, 01:44 PM
Just had THE visit with Dr

Just went to see gyn this week. Had workup done by primary. Need to have the works, including ovaries and cervix due to endometriosis on top of fibroid. (now at week nine of "aunt flow") I'm scared to death at the moment and have cried since appointment. I don't know how this will affect many things from urinary incontinence, to intercourse, to the big "O". After this many years of problems, it will be nice for it to go away, I just don't know what to expect. Glad I found this site and will be exploring extensively before I schedule a date. Any insight would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2006, 03:03 PM

Well, congrats on making the decision. It is very scary, I know. You have come to a great place. There are soooooooo many variable with each surgery but the ladies in waiting and the post op princesses will be glad to offer whatever help they can.
Many of us have the same worries you do (incontinence, big "O", etc.). there are so many articles and threads that deal with all of these issues.
I find that the closer I get to mine, I just come here to vent. Most of my questions have been answered, all my t's crssed and i's dotted...now its just crazy lady time while I wait.
Best of luck to you ...look around and if you need anything, feel free to ask!
Unread 06-17-2006, 04:12 PM

Hang in there. The waiting is the worst part. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Best wishes to you and take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-17-2006, 08:27 PM

to you!

We're so glad you found us at Hyster Sisters. You'll always find lots of support and s here.

I'm sorry you're facing surgery at this time. I am happy to hear that you're doing lots of research before scheduling your operation. It's also a very good policy to get an additional medical opinion before undergoing major surgery -- you may also want to consider that.

In the meantime, here's one of my favorite places here at Hyster Sisters -- it's the Tell Your Hyst-Story subforum of this pre-op discussion board. I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- I got positively addicted to the stories before my surgery. Somehow it was very comforting to me to read how so many other (((sisters))) before me had gone through this journey.

Once again, welcome to you. We're here for you whenever you need us.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register