Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 09-Oct 15,2017 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 09-Oct 15,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 09-Oct 15,2017

Unread 10-11-2017, 01:51 PM
Smile - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 09-Oct 15,2017 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 09-Oct 15,2017

(trying again, I lost my first response)
Hi all, I had my surgery yesterday, the 10th..I went in to it thinking it would be TAH BSO, but the doc did tell me she would peek first to see if she could do lap and that's what she did. I'm grateful because I feel pretty good. I get sore and tired if I walk around too much, but Ibuprofen helps. I got some oxy if I need it. I will grill her on my follow up appointment to find out exactly what she did. But she did say that she removed the works through my vagina, which creeps me out a little, but I'm not having pain there. Just a little bleeding. My tummy didn't swell until today, now it's poking out pretty good. The nurses took good care of me, although it's hard to sleep with a light on and people tramping in and out to take my vitals. Eventually one of the nurses turned off the light and closed the shades. And when I left they loaded me up with stuff. They had given me a canvas tote to put my clothes in, and I got to keep that too!And I'm shocked that I got a private room, but that may be all they had available.

If I am remembering this or dreaming it, I think she said that she couldn't find one of my ovaries? (I have lots of adhesions) and removed just partial? That doesn't sound right, so I'll ask her again. They also put a camera or something in my bladder so they could see if they injured it. They didn't. But they did see cysts in my bladder. She's going to consult an urologist. What worries me is my dad has been getting recurrent tumors in his bladder, and they just remove them when they come and he is happy with that solution.

I have one funny story. Well, it's funny now that it's fixed. I live alone, I had to report in at 5:30 am so I got up at 4. My main goal was to shower. Well, I turned on the water and felt a thunk. The water didn't get warm, and it also wouldn't shut off. So, while I was freaking out, I took a cold shower. Then I googled to find the water shutoff valve and couldn't turn it off. So I called the landlord and handyman. He came out straightaway and shut off the water. I told him I would be out of the house for a couple of days and so he was going to try to fix it then. Whew. The good lord watches over us fools. But isn't that so typical, something dramatic happens when you just don't have time for it!

And one nice story. My friend who drove me asked if she could pray for me (we know each other from church). We were in a room waiting to be wheeled into surgery. So as soon as Paula started praying, I heard the nurse walk in and then hold my hand. It was sweet all the way around. The nurse said she just had to jump in. She loves it when people pray for each other in the prep area. Of course I started to tear up. But it made for a really nice calmness going into surgery.

take care ladies!! Have a nice healing recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 09-Oct 15,2017

twobubbles, and Jamesonrex!

Glad you were able to join this thread!

Ahh- the power of prayer! Thank you for sharing this story, twobubbles!
I myself was very scared going into my surgery, since it is general anesthesia and I knew my surgeries would take a good while (TAH, rectocele and cystocele repair, sacrocolpopexy and a urethra lift). When we arrived at the hospital, my husband dropped me off and went to park the car. I went in, registered and walked to the elevator- and found the hospital's chapel! I stopped in. And all went well.

JamesonRex: Thank you for reminding us all to take Colace! The rx painkiller and limited activity does tend to make us stopped up. I myself did not have a BM for 5 days, and then only after drinking warm prune juice. So ladies: Take that Colace! Eat fiber rich food. Do the prune juice or whatever you know works for you!

And all of you: Please please please don't overdo it. Even if you think you feel pretty well, don't do too much! Walk a little, rest a lot. Eat, drink your water, take your meds. You will hear me repeat this over and over again during your recovery since it is the most important advice that I can give you.

Have a good night, everybody! I'll check in with you tomorrow!
xoxo
Unread 10-11-2017, 04:25 PM
Re: First Day Post Op

Hi, missed the tip on getting in and out of bed. This is an issue for me. Can you help>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2017, 05:33 PM

Had my surgery Monday came home yesterday from hospital. Feeling ok just really sore and tired walk around today for a bit it was good to get some fresh air. Eat supper probably not a good idea to eat turkey and dressing and vegetable sick to my stomach now. Hope everyone else is doing well tonight
Unread 10-11-2017, 09:14 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 09-Oct 15,2017

Hi ladies,

I made it through to the other side! Surgery was this morning at 7:30 and lasted just over 2 hours. Cervix, uterus, both Fallopian tubes and my right ovary were successfully removed laparoscopically. I was home and settled in by about 5:30 this evening. I am thrilled that a conversion was not necessary and that I was able to keep one ovary. I cannot imagine surgical menopause thrown into the mix.

The pain is unfortunately FAR worse than I anticipated. I have been a good patient and followed all instructions and had lots of help but I am miserable. There is no position I can find that has offered any relief. What I also was NOT expecting was the incredible back/side/hip pain. (I have made a additional post seeking advice for this in the post-op forum.) I have had several previous laparoscopies and the pain has never been anywhere close to this severe.

On a positive note, my bleeding is very light and my bloating/swelling is minimal. I do have the gas pain in my abdomen and shoulder but it is very mild compared to the other pain I am experiencing and there has pain of previous surgeries.

I have started to get sharp pains and discomfort this evening as gas and stool have started to move their way through my bowels. I'm taking this as a positive that they seem to be moving and working.

Prior to surgery, I anticipated an emotional meltdown and the grief to set in immediately post-op. Perhaps it has and I'm just starting with denial. I feel the physical pain is so bad right now that my emotions don't even have room to kick in. I do feel like I'm in disbelief that surgery is finally done and this is real. And I'm sure the sadness is coming.

Love and hugs to those that have also recently made it to the other side. I'd love to hear how you ladies are doing.
Unread 10-12-2017, 03:22 AM

Hi. I had the Davinci surgery about 22 hours ago. I’m doing great! I’m still at the hospital, but I believe I will be released before lunch.
So far the worst part for me was the pressure from the catheter. They were not supposed to removed it until today, but I talked them into taking it out yesterday. What a huge relief!
Unread 10-12-2017, 03:38 AM

Ah yes, having the catheter removed was a big relief! I am happy you are feeling well. I am still in an ubelievable amount of pain.

Hope you are able to get settled in at home soon, and that you continue feeling well, and better by the day. Best wishes for your recovery!
Unread 10-12-2017, 06:28 AM
complete hysterectomy

Hi. My su r gery was yesterday. I was so nervous. Last night pain start ed catching up but all is well.
Getting out of bed is the hardest but I'm pretty good. Pleasantly surprised and it feels good to get up and walk. It helps with gas str as these you a bit and going to the bathroom. And oh how good my coffee was today!
Best wishes all. You got this.
Unread 10-12-2017, 06:43 AM

Hi ladies. I had my LAVH on Tuesday. It took just over 2 hours and I was released yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) to come home. Cervix, uterus and both tubes removed. In addition to fibroids, they also found endometriosis in there, which we did not know I had. Yesterday was a rough day for me as I was very constipated from the anaesthesia and pain meds. The gas pain was unbelieaveable and I was pretty miserable. No more narcotics now for me, as they were wreaking havoc on my poor bowels. A bit sore today, but managing ok with NSAIDS. Stitches are pulling in odd ways which is bothersome but not awful. Finding a good sleeping position was a real challenge, but a pillow between my knees helped last night. Wishing you well on your recoveries!
Unread 10-12-2017, 06:58 AM

Hi everyone, I had my TAH and BSO on October 10. I was in a lot of pain when I woke up in recovery. They were finally able to control it with oral medication. The most challenging thing thus far is finding a comfortable sleeping position especially since I sleep on my side. It was discharged home yesterday afternoon. I had a lot of gas pain during the night but that seems to be better today. Hang in there fellow sisters!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register