Asking A Question for A Sister! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Asking A Question for A Sister! Asking A Question for A Sister!

Unread 06-20-2005, 06:06 AM
Asking A Question for A Sister!

Okay, ladies, I know this is highly unusual. I have been in contact by phone every day with a sister who lives in Texas (feefer76, in case y'all are wondering!). She had to go to Louisisana for recovery, as she has epilepsy and someone had to be able to stay with her around the clock. On the five hour car trip home to LA, she began bleeding. She hasn't stopped since she arrived there on Saturday morning. She also said that she went to the bathroom last night, and had so much blood running she thought she was peeing. Her family is pushing her to walk up and down the stairs in their house, and also to come off of her pain killers, despite the fact that she's in pain! She has no internet access while she's there, so I promised her I'd post on her behalf. Did any of you have this sort of bleeding right after your hyst? If so, what did it turn out to be? I had a TVH and she had a TAH, so I'm worried anything I tell her may be related to the form of hyster I had. Hlep, sisters, we both need you, and we're both scared!
Vanessa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2005, 06:11 AM

Tell her to go to the ER now!........I am serious,please call her and tell her to get there now.....Hemmoraging possiblity.
Unread 06-20-2005, 06:19 AM

Please keep us updated on her condition. She'll be in our prayers! s to both of you.

Sally
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-20-2005, 06:55 AM

I agree with wigal, you need to go to ER or at least call your doctor. I had SAH and I spotted for 6-7 days afterwards but not even enough to go on liner, it was only when I wiped. Peeing blood is not good, please have her get to doctor.
Cindy
Unread 06-20-2005, 07:08 AM
question for sister

Get her to the ER ASAP and kick her family in the butt!
Unread 06-20-2005, 07:42 AM

I'm sure you've done this by now Vanessa, but I agree with the others. Tell her to go to the ER, right now!

And if you're talking to her family, give them the goods on what recovery means. Hiking up and down the stairs is boot camp, not recovering from surgery!

HollyK
Unread 06-20-2005, 07:51 AM

Has she called her doctor yet? If she is saturating a pad in an hour, she needs to see a dr. ASAP. Please tell her to go to the Emergency Room.
Unread 06-20-2005, 08:10 AM

Just checking in! I can't rouse her on the phone yet, but they are an hour behind me in time so it's about 9 in the morning there. I am REALLY trying to get her moving; if nothing else I'll call her MIL (who is wonderful!) and have her drag her! I'll write back shortly!
Unread 06-20-2005, 08:18 AM

Finally got her on the phone; she's finding a dr. covered under her plan in LA, and then she's on her way. I'll keep you informed as soon as I hear back! Thank you, sisters, for everything!
Vanessa
Unread 06-23-2005, 10:17 AM
Hi Ladies, It's me!!!

Hi!! Vanessa, thank you so much for your support. You're phone calls everyday have been WONDERFUL!!! Ladies, I'm fine. Yes, I was bleeding after that horrible ride ( I wouldn't recommend it!!!) But I guess Vanessa misunderstood me. Yes, I started bleeding as soon as I got here, but I was wearing a minipad, so it wasn't too much, and I didn't stop for a while and that had me freaked out. Plus, I was having these AWFUL bladder spasms. Well, I took Vanessa's advice and called my doctor in Houston. Sure enough I had a UTI. He called in a prescription for me and I feel so much better. I'm still spotting, but I'm better. I'm actually going to venture out today and go out to lunch. I got here on Saturday and did nothing but lay around and heal. I was able to stay at my Granny's which is right next store, so I didn't have to walk up and down the stairs. I forgot to tell Vanessa that part. As they are going out of town this weekend, I will be at my stepmom and dad's, but if I go slow, I'm able to go up the stairs. Yesterday, was the first day I actually went for a walk and it felt really good. And although on Tuesday I took the advice of family and got off the pills, I got right back on them the next day and have been on them ever since, But every 14 hrs. I feel really good and only need them in the morning and at night. So I'm fine. Thank you all for your concern and advice. I deeply appreciate it. I don't know what I would do without Vanessa or this site.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register