I read a lot, but have not heard this.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I read a lot, but have not heard this.... I read a lot, but have not heard this....

Unread 06-22-2005, 10:42 AM
I read a lot, but have not heard this....

First, thank you all your voices are strong and have helped before the surgery and certainly after. I always knew someone here would know or understand.
My question, has anyone experienced joint pain, muscle stiffness, flu-like symptoms? I'm 12 weeks out and generally have had very little pain, but lately my shoulders, neck and knees ( thankfully not all together Have been hurting REALLY BAD. This past week i've felt chilled and feverish but it seems to wear off as the day progesses. The feverish part is like a hot flush, only no sweat to relieve it, if you can understand that... a sorta chilled at the same time. I made a doc appt but cancelled it cause i felt i couldn't be clear as to what the problem was and it may not be related.....Anyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2005, 10:50 AM

sorry your feeling so bad, are you on any HRT? In my personal quest for feeling good after hyst, I went off my HRT for a time, and I was always stiff and sore in the muscles in my neck and back. The doc said it wasnt related to HRT, but I agreed to try a very low dose for bone protection, and the very day after applying the patch, the aches were gone. I have been back on the hrt patch now for 3 months and still wake up ache free. If you are concerned with your symptoms, please make an appt. to see your doc. he can put your mind at ease that nothing else is going on, and maybe point you in the right direction...
Hang in there,
snickers
Unread 06-22-2005, 11:10 AM
aches and pains

Hi, I am so sorry you are feeling like this. I switched from the patch to oral HRT so that I could add testosterone, and within a few days I was so achy, couldn't sleep, and started having headaches. When I stopped the oral and went back on the patch (which was also a little higher dose of estrogen), then those symptoms went away.

I second Snicker's post-talk to your doctor. Others have had aches and pains that turned out to be other things too.

Let us know- 's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-22-2005, 12:05 PM
you guys are the best

Thanks for the great replys!
I'm not on HRT and really am pretty opposed to doing it. But the brain fog and joint and muscle pain are just such a drag. I'll probably prowl around HRT info to get more ideas...
Unread 06-22-2005, 01:33 PM
Hii shesaid

I hope you don't have any thing as serious as this, however, some people start having fibromyalgia symptoms after having different types surgery or anything traumatic, etc.

I have fibromyalgia, had it before my surgery. Was diagnosed with this like 2 years ago. I also have other diagnosis.

After talking with your doc and doing what he/she tells you, maybe you should see a rheumatologist. They usually diagnose different aiments like fm.

Hope this is just a minor residual thing. Just thought I would give you some more info.

Hugs,
Diva
Unread 06-24-2005, 01:43 PM

Thanks all made doc appt for next tuesday; did i mention i can only sleep in about three hour spurts....yikes I'll check back in with any info
Unread 06-24-2005, 02:07 PM

I am at 9 weeks now. Around 6 weeks I had a 101 fever and aches/pains like you have the flu. It only lasted 1 day for me but then I had aches/pains for a week or so until I started taking my vitamin menopause suppliments again. Then the aches/pains went away and I haven't had them since. Doctor wasn't sure what caused the fever and feeling like a truck ran over me so put me on antibiotics in case it was an infection.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register