What is the deal? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What is the deal? What is the deal?

Unread 04-29-2007, 06:13 PM
What is the deal?

Many of you talk about candy for the nurses....well....I am not sure I get it. Is it a bribe or a gift or a tip? what do you reccomend for this??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2007, 06:26 PM
What is the deal?

I think it is a nice way to appreciate the nurses for all the service they do.It doesn't have to even be candy-even a Thankyou card will be appreciated.I've thanked all my nurses and just recently thanked my surgeon(gyn)
Unread 04-30-2007, 06:10 AM
What is the deal?

My nurses were absolutely WONDERFUL, so I ordered flowers for them. They greatly appreciate this, unless you have demons from hell....which hopefully you won't have. Each time I have been in the hospital, the nurses have been great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2007, 06:26 AM
What is the deal?

In my case I had a rough time after surgery and the nurses were very helpful and went out of their way to finesse my cranky doctor into stopping the medication that was making me so sick. I just want them to know how much I appreciate that they took the time to help, check on me and try to make me more comfortable. So, it would be a gift to those who made my life better.
I'm writing thankyou notes to the special nurses plus taking in a basket of nice handcreams for the staff.
Unread 04-30-2007, 06:36 AM
What is the deal?

I did have a basket of goodies for the hospital staff but it's not a requirement. I just wanted to let them know that I appreciated them.
I filled a basket with candies, individual coffees, teas, and such. I put it out in my room with a sign "Thank you and please help yourself". Even my drs enjoyed it
I left it at the nurses' station the day I was discharged.

S
Unread 04-30-2007, 07:32 AM
What is the deal?

Although I haven't done it yet for my surgery ( I know I need to) We did it for dad's and mom's hospital stays. The day of release when we kids would get mom or dad, we would buy each shift its own box of candy (that why one shift doesn't get to eat all the good ones).
I still plan on doing this when I can spare the money for it. We also have done a combo of fresh fruit and cookie baskets, or fruit, cheese and cracker snack baskets.
Unread 04-30-2007, 07:44 AM
What is the deal?

Part of the logic behind it is, if you have candy or chocolates (my mom calls them nurse bait) in your room, then they will be by to check on you all the more often, and be glad to do so.
Unread 04-30-2007, 10:28 AM
What is the deal?

I'm planning on baking a bunch before I go in and will be bringing some yummy & healthy pumpkin spice muffins. Take a box of spice cake mix, add small (15 oz?) can of pumpkin (not pie mix), put in muffin pan and bake. It is a Weight Watcher's recipe I got from a friend.
Unread 04-30-2007, 11:10 AM
What is the deal?

It's just something I did to thank them for the great care I received in the hospital. I gave them a box of chocolates when I left. I used to work in CCU and we always appreciated the thought when someone gave us something. Things like finger food are always good, because you tend to be running around alot, so a quick bite is great. Flowers are a really nice too, they brighten up the nurse's station a lot.
Unread 04-30-2007, 06:36 PM
What is the deal?

I had little treats for the nurses just because I wanted them to know I appreciated them. I could hear patients grumping at the nurses from some of the other rooms when I went on my daily hall walk. I understand that some may find it hard to be nice when they are in pain so the nurses probably take their share of grumpy people. I think just knowing they are appreciated means a lot to them.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register