Vaginal Hysterectomy Aug 26th, 2009 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal Hysterectomy Aug 26th, 2009 Vaginal Hysterectomy Aug 26th, 2009

Unread 08-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Vaginal Hysterectomy Aug 26th, 2009

Hello everyone,
I had a vaginal hysterectomy on Aug 26th, all went extremely well, no bleeding during surgery, no post op bleeding, was released the very next morning to go home, not to much pain, more lower back pain than anything else. Can anyone please tell me some positive things about the post op part of the Vaginal hysterectomy they have had, I am having a hard time believing that I had major surgery 5 days ago. The Dr called today and said they found endometrosis and andenmiosis, this will explain the bleeding and discomfort I have had for all these years. I do find that the Tylenol 3/w. codeine makes me hallucinate at night, any one else have this issue? I have vicodin I think I am going to switch and see how that treats me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2009, 02:48 PM
Re: Vaginal Hysterectomy Aug 26th, 2009

Hi! Welcome! I had my TVH on the 17th. I have been relatively pain free and my discharge/spotting only picks up when my bowels are full or I've done too much. I do feel more tired than I normally am, but it's all good.
I'm glad that you will be pain free going forward now! Have you found the thread for girls with hysts during that week? It's so wonderful to have a group of women who have gone through the same thing around the same time!
Welcome again! I hope your recovery continues to be uneventful and that you have a speedy healing!
Unread 08-31-2009, 02:55 PM

Hey, there! I had a total LAVH on May 20th. I, too, had very little pain and very little bleeding. In fact, three days after my surgery, I put the Oxycodone away and started getting by on Advil. I really believe we're fortunate not to have had our abdominal muscles cut. It makes recovery sooo much faster! I was taking short walks around the neighborhood (the hubs went with me) the week following my surgery and was back at work (an office job) 3-1/2 weeks later -- although I only did 1/2 days that first week back. I wish you a speedy recovery and NO complications of any sort! Keep us posted on how you're doing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2009, 07:32 PM

I had my TVH July 20, 2009 and I will be returning to work tomorrow. It has been a breeze. I had to remind myself that I had just had major surgery. I would pick things up tha were too heavy, but my body would immediately tell me NO!. Now, I was given the okay to have relations and I bled afterwards. I was told this was normal. Did anyone else have this experience?
Unread 09-01-2009, 01:10 PM

I had vaginal hysterectomy. Positive things include bowels back to normal more quickly, a little less fatigue every day, able to go outside for walks much quicker. my tummy looks flatter. I believe the fatigue level is less. It seems to me that we start out with significanltly less pain and fatigue that those who had incisions. I have not even worn a pad. Mostly I take 600 mg motrin during day and the pain pill when i go to bed which means as soon as I think I can hit the brakes I can drive.

In the long run I had such painful and long periods for a long enought period that this six week recovery period is basically like two of my former 3 wk periods!!!! By end of Sept I will never have debilatating abdominal pain and excessive bloating again!!!!
Unread 09-03-2009, 11:30 AM

Amen to that,
Unread 09-03-2009, 12:18 PM

The pain pills can cause a lot of side effects. I had terrible nightmares & stopped taking them the 3rd day I was home. I was able to get by on Tylenol & advil too. I am so glad not to be bleeding & having terrible cramps.
Unread 09-03-2009, 01:27 PM

I was also pleasantly surprised at the lack of pain. My gall bladder operation six years ago hurt far worse than this.
Although, I was so used to agonizing periods and ovarian cyst pains that this does seem like a cake walk by comparison.

Expect some odd pains as the nerves start coming back. I am still very sorre below my belly button. Like I was poked real hard there. Also, some "phantom" ovarian pains are pretty typcial from what I understand. Occassional stabbing pains and the like.

You might see some spotting as time goes one, so keep a pad on hand in case. Especially when you become more active.

My issues have been mostly fatigue and depression as my body starts to wake up three weeks out. I think my brain is finally catching on that something's happened here.

I was off pain pills after a week and ibuprofen does it fine for me now.

I hope things continue to go so good for you!
Hugs
Unread 09-03-2009, 02:01 PM

I had vaginal laporos. hyst. on Aug.20 and got off pain meds in a week, since they were making me tired, and didn't like the side effects. I'm dealing with the minor discomforts, but nothing unbearable. Have been vacuuming, but slowly and only what my body allows. I watered my front and back yards after about a week. I pulled some weeds a few days ago and felt discomfort right away. I am cooking now, but nothing fancy, mainly salads and easy things. I'm so glad I didn't have to get the abdominal hyster.

Hugs and speedy recovery to all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register