why cramping/pain at night, not day? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

why cramping/pain at night, not day? why cramping/pain at night, not day?

Unread 01-17-2012, 09:51 PM
why cramping/pain at night, not day?

why is my most severe cramping/pain at night? I'm not working-do some chores and rest alot still.

4 weeks davinci. Right now: bladder spasms, constant cramping as low as possible (almost pubic bone area) and also very lower back (below kidney area)

I don't have much during the day, but it's always night-anyone experience this or explain as to why?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Re: why cramping/pain at night, not day?

Hi Kathy! I can relate! I am 3 weeks post-op and spending more and more time out of bed during the day. Even though I'm still doing FAR less than my pre-surgery days, it's still increasingly more activity almost every day. I think our bodies get tired by the end of each day - while we are pushing our own agendas of chores and such, our bodies are working so hard to regenerate cells and tissue and heal from a major surgery and trauma to the body. I am able to go without any pain meds most days but at night I still need them. I don't have backaches but do have low cramping, belly tenderness and if I know I have done too much, also get pain in my cervical area (half my cervix was removed). Maybe we are pushing ourselves a bit too much? Must remind ourselves we only have this ONE chance to heal properly....
Unread 01-18-2012, 09:01 AM

I think some of it is that you are getting busier during the day and by night time your body is sore. I also think that it's because you are preoccupied by other things during the day but you get in bed and you don't have anything to distract you.

It does get better, I still have some amount of discomfort at night but nothing I even take ibuprofen for most of the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-18-2012, 12:25 PM

Totally relate. Went back to work yesterday did so-so then once in bed last night, I noticed the cramping more. I think I was distracted in the daytime and lower back pain was more of a problem so I took half a norco at noon---I have arthritis so I'm never sure where back pain comes from. Other pain is very low in front, plus belly tenderness and bladder spasm which come and go when I go. When I turn in bed to my sides, I feel pulling in belly button area. Still afraid to really have a good stretch in the morning.

I thought I'd have worse pain because I worked, but it was not. It was about the same as when I'd been home puttering about. It gets frustrating after 4.5 weeks but I'm trying to be patient.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register