surgery on 29th scared - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery on 29th scared surgery on 29th scared

Unread 01-22-2002, 08:46 PM
Nervous but ready

Vicki
I too have my surgery on the 29th---my preop is tomorrow--I just wish it was 2 weeks from now so that all this was behind me. I am not scared about the anesthesia or the surgery---it is recovery and pain tolerance that has me stymied. I'm scheduled for a LAVH-BSO, A&P repair and bladder neck sling. I feel pressured to get back to work as soon as possible--my boss says take what ever time I need and then asks if I have decided on a date for return to work---I am confused. As the time gets nearer I find myself most concerned about the bladder repair and the HRT that I will need to address without ovaries. Let me say that this site is the best---so many questions I have had and every one so willing to share and support. Good Luck and feel free to E-mail me at MommaDoc4@AOL.com
Peggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2002, 09:01 PM
surgery on 29th scared

i'm a 22 year old mother of 2 daughters, i have my sugery on feb. 11. 2002, and like sandy, i'm a little scared, and just want someone to talk to about things..... good luck to everyone and ther upcoming surgerys.......ifanyone wants to e-mail me, feel free
mommieof2angles@aol.com

thank everyone...
amanda i.
Unread 01-23-2002, 01:36 AM
you are not alone...

I am also having surgery on the 29th. So, I guess we can be scared together!!! Right now I am having trouble sleeping, don't know if its my nerves or what. I pray that all goes well, with yours and mine. God Bless!!!
Unread 01-23-2002, 04:13 AM
scared too memphisgirl

just wanted to say that i am scared with you. i don't even have a date yet but am scared none the less and i am a nurse. i have nursed lots of people post-op and they do really well. i dont know what your health system is like over there but here in oz you are up the next day and encouraged to mobilise the next day and are usually home in 5 to 7 days all going well. i am scared though even though i am a nurse but am finding faith in my profession and from my experiences most health professionals really try hard to do the best for their patients sometimes under terrrible circumstances so... i am going to try and be positive about my op even though im terrified (more so of the aneathesia) and take a leap of faith in my profession. this is the best web site!!!! i have been really positive since finding this site, for the last month i have been unbearable but have settled since finding this support, even though we are all miles away from each other, i somehow don't feel so alone. i am finding strength in the reason why i am having this procedure and how my life will improve when this nightmare is finally over. try and stay positive and have faith in your health care professionals, they want you to have a carefree stay with them because if not the paper work is HUGE!! only joking...hope some of this makes you feel better...stay positive and well informed.
hope everything goes well
boo xx
Unread 01-23-2002, 06:43 AM
Need a buddy?

Hi Vicki- I'll be a buddy for you. I go through the same feelings about having a TAH. I'm scheduled for the 30th of this month and I must wake every few hours at night wondering if I'm making the right decision. I find myself asking my friends what they think and sometimes that helps. I even called my doctor to ask if I was doing the right thing.

Hope everything goes well for you.
Unread 01-23-2002, 07:23 AM
Scared Too

Vicki,

I am scheduled to have my surgery that same week and I am scared as well. I had been scheduled twice but had to postpone it both times for various reasons. I am hopeful that all goes as planned for next week (I think on the 28th or 30th).

I would love to be your email buddy as I am also looking for someone to share this journey with.

I have a great support system here at home but no one has been there done that! My older sister had a hysterectomy 30 years ago and as you know things have changed a bit since then ! Having someone to share experiences with would be great!

I found this website last night and was on it for 2 hours. It is a great support system. I love the feeling of talking with someone who has walked in my shoes.

I learned something new within the first few minutes hour of my visit. And here I am back at it today.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Good luck and my prayers are with you,
Cynthia

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register