Thanks To All- Going to the castle 11/21 Anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thanks To All- Going to the castle 11/21  Anyone else? Thanks To All- Going to the castle 11/21 Anyone else?

Unread 11-18-2000, 01:01 PM
Thanks To All- Going to the castle 11/21 Anyone else?

Hi everyone,
Wanted to thank everyone for all your kind and helpful responses to my previous posts. It is truly wonderful to have such a support system through hystersyster. I've made a lot of decisions within the last couple of weeks. Decided on TAH with one ovary removal. I'll have a spinal with sedation during the surgery. And I've decided on removing the cervix. Just wondering who else will be going to the castle on Tues. Love to hear from anyone joining me that day or anyone else who'll like to write. Again, thanks to my hystersisters!!!!
Fran
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2000, 01:20 PM
I am going to the castle on the 21st

Hi Fran,
I am going to the castle on the morning of the 21st. I am having a LAVH and am keeping the ovaries. I have also enjoyed this site. The love and support here is wonderful. I will be saying a little prayer for you as well as all the other women going with us that day. Take care Fran and remember to rest, rest, rest.

Dori
Unread 11-18-2000, 01:22 PM
Nov. 21, also

Hi Fran, I am going on Tuesday for a TAH/BSO and bladder repair. You are the first letter I have seen for my date. I have read EVERYTHING on this site. It is incredible. I am just now getting nervous. Had my pre-op on Tuesday and my bloodwork this morning.(Sat.) I guess this is for real. I haven't slept in weeks.. Bits at a time. I put on the TV about 2:00 A M.. My bags have bags. Good luck to you and write if you want to. My e-mail is Monkeys1@juno.com Good luck to you. Monkette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2000, 02:31 PM
All fo your surg 11/21-11/21

Well, I am going to be a month behind you to the day! I am wishing you peace, faith and comfort!

God Bless,
Cindy
Unread 11-18-2000, 05:15 PM
the 21st also

Hi Fran,
I am also going the 21st. This site has been a blessing. I am having a TAH/BSO and have also decided on the epidural. I am really getting nervous and spoke to the Doctor, they will have a relaxant waiting for me as soon as I get the IV in. Good luck to all and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. DD.J.
Unread 11-18-2000, 06:26 PM

Hi! I'm in on the 21st, too. TAH with left ovary removed, maybe appendectomy (my doc seems to be really driven to "clean house"). Doc recommended an "intrathecal block", which is similar to spinal (without headache) and epidural. He said this type of anesthesia blocks the pain for 12-18 hours after surgery. I will also be given sedation, either to make me drowsy or sound asleep - my choice.

This site has been wonderful. I was able to ease my mind about so many things, and my doctor would probably have torn his hair out with the hundreds of questions I would have asked him otherwise. I guess no turkey or pumpkin pie for us 21st princesses. Our house will be having homemade soup and rice pudding!

I hope everyone checks in after the hospital, and God Bless Us Everyone! -- Dawn
Unread 11-19-2000, 05:15 PM

Thanks to all for writing. There's some comfort to know that we're going through this together. Trying to keep myself occupied these last few days with things like cleaning the house, and Christmas shopping. Good luck to all- let's keep in touch afterwards. Peace and a fast and easy recovery to each one of us. Take care, my prayers will be with you on Tues.

Fran

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register