Sex - 3 Weeks Away & Terrified | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex - 3 Weeks Away & Terrified Sex - 3 Weeks Away & Terrified

Unread 06-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Sex - 3 Weeks Away & Terrified

My doctor gave me the go ahead to have sex at 6 weeks. Although its still 3 weeks away, I am terrified at the thought. Like Madonna said I feel like a virgin.

I can't explain what the anxiety is about but I can feel a panic attack start whenever my DH talks about it.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2010, 08:45 PM
Re: Sex - 3 Weeks Away & Terrified

I was afraid I'd damage or injure something. I was very scared and nervous for a while and waited weeks after I was cleared. But then everything turned out fine. So I think when you get more healed it might seem less scary. Just take your time and go slow.
Unread 06-09-2010, 08:51 PM

i also was really scared about it... my fear was that i'd find out it was different and i wouldn't like it or my husband wouldn't like it... we had to wait until 8 weeks and then it took me a few days to feel sure... all my fears were for nothing...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2010, 10:23 PM

Ashtoy I hear you! and guess what? I was feeling the same and I tried like a week after my doctor gave me the ok, I was so scare that the first time nothing happen but nothing hurt it was just a strange feeling I think because it was a very long time with out doing it and I was a nerve wreck, but the second time and so on is getting better and better, well we still very careful.

just be gentle and use some lubrication if you need it specially for the first try. oh I'm in my 9th week now.

good luck!
Unread 06-10-2010, 12:01 AM

Well believe it or not my doc told me yesterday at my first post-op that their recommendation is nothing in the vagina for 3 months!! I'm single and am not seeing anyone at the moment so I told her that wasn't a problem. Hell I haven't had you know what in over a year so if I ever meet someone I'll be scared as hell! The pelvic was bad enough yesterday though she said I was healing normally. She told me that when she was a resident that she had a patient that tore her stitches having sex too soon and her bowels fell down into her vagina and that they had to do to major repair surgery to fix it. Waiting an extra few weeks is nothing compared to the risks of ripping something inside. Can you imagine? I don't even want to.
Unread 06-10-2010, 06:58 AM

Wow Lucy that is a scary thought. Unfortunately I don't think I can get DH to agree to waiting 3 months when it used to be 2x a week
Unread 06-10-2010, 09:03 AM

I am just afriad that I will end up with a prolapsed vagina! Would kinda break the mood, don't you think? :-) I know I have many weeks so I will pray and wait!
Unread 06-10-2010, 05:34 PM

Ashtoy it used to be 2x to 3x a day with my ex!! So I'm extremely glad I'm divorced now and to be honest I don't even have the desire anymore. I had more sex than most women have in a lifetime and I think I just burned out on it. I've learned in hindsight that a man who needs to have it that often is a red flag. He ended up cheating on me (probably many times that I didn't know of) and knocked her up so I kicked him to the curb. Good luck!!
Unread 06-10-2010, 06:58 PM

I am 7 1.2 weeks post TAH. I was cleared for sex at 6 weeks. I was feeling so good by my 5th week that I was actually looking forward to it. My DH and I had much outercourse since week 2. We referred to this as my revirgination. I was still nervous the first time but we took it slow and have been making up for missed time ever since. I'm happy to report that everything still works the same. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register