Upcoming hysterectomy 3/24: is there any good to having ovaries removed? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 3/24: is there any good to having ovaries removed? Upcoming hysterectomy 3/24: is there any good to having ovaries removed?

Unread 03-19-2015, 10:04 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 3/24: is there any good to having ovaries removed?

Having surgery next week. Due to family history Im having overies removed since they may not work anymore anyway. But Im having bladder pulled up walls fixed and hysterectomy. Is there any good to removing overies? Anything positive on hormonal thephies? Im concered
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2015, 07:51 AM

Hi.

Removal of ovaries is a very personal choice. On Monday, I had TAH/BSO. I chose to have my ovaries removed in part because I've dealt with poly cystic ovaries all my adult life. (The cysts have always hurt me when they developed.) Having no more ovary pain was just too enticing for me.

If you've ovarian cancer I. Your family, you have to weigh the pros and cons. Like 1) do you respond well to aneathesia? 2) do you mind having multiple surgeries 3) your age and overall health

The important thing is to do what is right for you (first and foremost), what is right for your family, and what will make you and keep you healthiest.

Good luck on your decision. Please let us know what you decide. We are here to support you whatever your decision.

-Amy
Unread 03-20-2015, 07:53 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 3/24: is there any good to having ovaries removed?

Yes I had Brac done and although it was negative I'm still afraid of the chance it has happened to a family member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2015, 07:57 AM

the reason I'm considering this is to be at my healthiest so far I lost over a hundred pounds and although I may go through menopause early any hormonal therapy has a 14 year old at home I don't want to have to go through any more surgeries than necessary so why not tackle it all at once hopefully there's a positive side to all this at least I will eliminate any kind of cancers in the area although everything is negative now I thought it would be a good preventative measure that I have the opportunity

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register