feeling kinda sluggish | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling kinda sluggish feeling kinda sluggish

Unread 12-14-2007, 08:40 PM
feeling kinda sluggish

I had TAH on Nov 6, 2007 my stay in the hospital was 3 days. Everything went so well I hardly had any pain ( just menstrual like cramps). My horizontal incision looks so great you can't hardly tell ( looks like it has been super glued back together). It has been 5 weeks since surgery, I had bioidentical HRT put in a 2 days ago and I feel a little sluggish. I take a 30 min. walk every morning, and my Dr. recomended I do some sit ups ( I do about ten a day). I am wondering if I need more exercise. I also take vitamins, calcium and iron pills every day. How do I get rid of the swollen belly? Is anyone experiencing these same symptons?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2007, 10:52 AM
feeling kinda sluggish

padavis

I'm glad everything has gone smoothly for you!

The initial and vital healing takes approximately 6 weeks, with full recovery then taking anything from 3 months to a year. So, at 5 weeks, it's really no wonder that you're still not feeling quite right. It may also take a while to find the right HRT dosage.

As for the swelly belly, it can take quite some time to go away. Many ladies find it worsens if they do more whilst they're still healing and this may be what's happening with you.

Before you think of anymore exercise, please contact your doctor as you are still healing internally. It may also help to read our HS article <link> Post-Op Checkpoint Weeks 5-6.

Try not to overdo too much to ensure your smooth recovery continues. Wishing you all the best!

Unread 12-16-2007, 09:34 AM
feeling kinda sluggish

padavis,

Hang in there and be patient with your body. It's easy to lose sight of what a major trauma this surgery is. I had no idea just how long the healing would take, but even at 5 weeks out, this is all relatively new for you.

I'm almost 4 months post-op and still have twinges of pain. It's a slow healing process, and it's so important that we listen to our bodies and not overdo things.

Take care and best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2007, 09:41 AM
feeling kinda sluggish

My doctor told me at my 4 wk post op that I was not to do any exercise beyond walking for 6 more weeks. Those sit ups are tough on your body's recovery I would think.
Yesterday we went Christmas shopping and I got light headed and was trembling. I realized my blood sugar had dropped and had to eat to replenish myself. I will be 5 wks tomorrow. But my body still says no to many activities. Be careful. The doctor also said that swelly belly will take months to completely go down.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register