Diarreah bright green and fever...please help.. - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Diarreah bright green and fever...please help.. Diarreah bright green and fever...please help..

Unread 12-12-2009, 09:31 PM
Re: Diarreah bright green and fever...please help..

OMG!!! I hope you doing ok! I have been over doing it but no fevers.
HUGS!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2009, 07:53 PM

Hello there. First call your doctor's office. Tell them what is going on. Follow their directions. The sooner the better. There is nothing to be embarrassed about.
Second, think about what you are eating and drinking. Always drink plenty of water, especially now. Your body needs water to make everything else work it's best.
Third, get well soon!
Crazi1
Unread 12-15-2009, 07:53 AM

Hello ALL...sorry for being so late on replying.. I had a c-diff infection. I was very very sick and ended up taking meds for another 10 days to clear it up. I just was able to get to a computer to update you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2009, 08:01 AM

Glad to hear things are better. Sounds like it was a good thing you were persistant! Glad you updated, hope things continue to get better!
Unread 12-15-2009, 11:38 AM

Wow. glad to hear you're better. Thanks for updating us.

Unread 12-15-2009, 05:22 PM

I am so glad you are feeling better. Thank goodness you persisted until they figured out what was wrong. Sending lots of hugs and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers
Unread 12-15-2009, 05:54 PM

C-diff...what a terrible infection, thank goodness you were able to shake it, it can be very persistant. No doubt you caught it in the hospital. It is spread very easily through poor handwashing and hygeine practices by hospital staff. It is very dangerous to those with compromised immune systems and the elderly (my 89 y/o mother caught a C-diff infection and it was the beginning of the end for her). Best of luck to you...now that your setback is behind you you should be able to focus on healing!
Unread 12-15-2009, 08:24 PM

C diff? Yikes! Poor thing! That can be oh soooo awful and yes, it is very contagious so hopefully anyone at your house has been good about washing up including after handling your laundry, etc ... Make sure you're staying hydrated and be sure to call your doc if anything else doesn't seem right. Otherwise, get back to the business of healing properly!
Unread 12-16-2009, 07:38 AM

okay, when I read c diff....I thought that she meant completely different....what is c diff....sorry for being uneducated.
Unread 12-16-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseslover View Post
okay, when I read c diff....I thought that she meant completely different....what is c diff....sorry for being uneducated.
No, you're not uneducated - abbreviations is part of the 'internet' world we live in!

This is from the Mayo clinic website:
Definition
By Mayo Clinic staff

Clostridium difficile, often called C. difficile or "C. diff," is a bacterium that can cause symptoms ranging from diarrhea to life-threatening inflammation of the colon. Illness from C. difficile most commonly affects older adults in hospitals or in long term care facilities and typically occurs after use of antibiotic medications.

In recent years, C. difficile infections have become more frequent, more severe and more difficult to treat. Each year, tens of thousands of people in the United States get sick from C. difficile, including some otherwise healthy people who aren't hospitalized or taking antibiotics.

Mild illness caused by C. difficile may get better if you stop taking antibiotics. More severe symptoms require treatment with a different antibiotic.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register