Pre -Op Appointment??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre -Op Appointment??? Pre -Op Appointment???

Unread 05-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Pre -Op Appointment???

Is it unusual that I do not have a pre-op appointment with my doctor? Should I insist on one? I do have an appt. for my bloodwork at the hospital, but not one more with the doctor to finalize anything, ask questions etc. Him & I both know this is what we are doing, but should he see me one more time for a physical or something? Or can this be done just prior to surgery on that day? Just want to know what is typically done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Pre -Op Appointment???

Hi Silly. My doctor did not schedule a pre-op appointment either. I called the office asking if I should have one and they said it isn't necessary. But, they did say if I have questions, I can schedule an appt to go over them. He also told me when I left the surgical consult appointment that I could call with any further questions I have.

Personally, I've been making a list and calling the office when I feel like I can't wait until the morning of surgery to get my questions answered. The nurses have been wonderful in helping with some of the questions. And if they don't have the answer right then, they get it and call me back. As long as the lines of communication are open between you and the office and you've already talked about your type of surgery, then I don't believe an pre-op is absolutely required. Although, it may help put your mind at ease...

If you really would feel more comfortable having one, call and make an appt. I mean, they aren't going to turn you away I'm sure.

Good luck with your surgery and recovery!
Unread 05-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Pre -Op Appointment???

Hi Sillyme I did not have a pre-op appointment the Morning of my surgery the dr came to me and spoke to me at length about the op, the time it should take and what he was going to do he told me to ask him as much question as i wanted to. I was worrying about a pre-op but felt better with it happening on the morning of the surgery.

Wish you all the best keep the faith,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register