When will my belly feel normal???? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

When will my belly feel normal???? When will my belly feel normal????

Unread 01-21-2011, 05:04 AM
When will my belly feel normal????

I had a LSH on 12/20. I had a fibroid consistent with a 5 month pregnancy that we shrunk with 5 shots of Lupron. The doctor removed the fibroid along with my large uterus. I'm recovering pretty well with minor setbacks because of grocery shopping too early and exercising when my body maybe wasn't ready for the intensity. Each time I have a setback, with rest my body and stomach feel better. However my stomach feels so foregn to me. I understand there is shifting of internal organs after your uteus has been removed, but I always have strange feelings in there, almost like I feel my organs floating around. I also always feel something that feels like a gas bubble expanding in my stomach. My bowels are pretty much back to normal, and I'm going every day. I still take colace once a day. Most of the swelling has gone down in my stomach and it looks good. Are these feelings in the stomach normal? Do my sisters experience this? Will my stomach ever feel normal?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2011, 08:13 AM
Re: When will my belly feel normal????

I had RALH with BSO on Jan 12, 2011, I have been having some feeling you describe, but I always just believed it was my organs "finding their way" so to speak. It's not painful and I haven't had my post-op yet, I do plan on asking my doctor if it normal. Sorry I couldn't help more...hope your recovery continues without incident.

Becky
Unread 01-21-2011, 08:53 AM

The colace may be making your intestinal track be overactive, which might feel strange. You might cut back to every other day or just a couple of times per week to see if that changes things without causing constipation. Other than that, I would guess it just takes time, from what someone women have said many months before your body feel back to normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-21-2011, 09:03 AM

lovesummersun.....I will try cutting back on the colace and see if that works...thanks for the advice I do sometimes notice that after a bowel movement is the only time my stomach seems to feel normal for a short period of time. It is just a weird feeling that is hard to put into words. My belly isn't in pain but just doesn't feel normal or regular.
Unread 01-21-2011, 09:57 PM

You are still early in your recovery. My stomach felt odd for a couple of months and it really felt odd riding in a car. It now feels normal. Give it time.
Unread 01-21-2011, 10:12 PM

DaVinci w/BSO 12-10-10 and my abdomen started feeling normal sometime in the last couple of weeks... no more "hysterectomy feeling." I don't know if the size of your uterus prior to surgery is prolonging the "hysterectomy feeling" in your abdomen, or if internal swelling is pushing on your stomach/bowel and contributing to various feelings/sounds, but I suspect you will be feeling more "normal" soon. I was really beginning to wonder if I were ever going to feel "normal" again and then when I did, it only took a few days to go from "a little more normal" to "almost completely normal" and now I feel "normal."

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register