TVH 6 weeks post op and frustrated | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 weeks post op and frustrated 6 weeks post op and frustrated

Unread 09-28-2013, 03:51 PM
6 weeks post op and frustrated

Hi Ladies,
I had a vaginal hysterectomy on 08/15/13 with a bladder sling and I'm still experiencing lower belly and back pain. At my 3 week appt I expressed my feelings about this same pain as I felt I should have been recovering quicker than I was. I cant eat or drink much at at a time as this cases the pain to get worse. My doctor attributed it to poor pain management because I told her I wanted to get off the narcotics. I explained I had been taking them I just didnt want to continue and asked for a non-narcotic pain reliever. I have since then been to the ER for worsening pain because my doctor did not return my phone call and was told I had a UTI which was causing my bladder to spasm and irritating the sling. I went for my 6 week checkup and told her about ER visit and her response was ER's over diagnose UTI's and she felt my pain was more bowel related and told me to start taking stool softeners but to continue the antibiotic regiment the ER put me on. I do have EDS which can cause longer healing times but my doctor won't even address this with me. The ER doctor seemed concerned that my doctor hasn't done better follow up because of the EDS. I'm frustrated and really don't feel confident in my doctor at all!!! Has anyone else had these symptoms this far out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-29-2013, 10:12 PM
Re: 6 weeks post op and frustrated

Sorry I cannot answer your post. But I wanted to let you know I read it and I am sorry you are going through this. Is there another dr within the practice you can see? It sounds like your dr is not really listening to your concerns and that is a problem all on its own. Hugs to you! I hope something gets figured out!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register