E-coli after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

E-coli after hysterectomy E-coli after hysterectomy

Unread 05-02-2014, 05:48 PM
E-coli after hysterectomy

Hi!
This is my second posting...this is my 6th week post-op...I had my surgery down in South America (where I am originally from); I live in the States, but we don't have insurance, so it was easier to have it done down there.
I came back to the States 15 days after my surgery...with the OK from my gyno, however, I had some discharge that my Dr. said it was "normal", also I had a not so pleasant smell to accompany the discharge..days have gone by... the smell got worse and so did the discharge. Finally I went to see my regular, local Dr. in town and after a pelvic, blood work and a smear, he calls and tell me I have an E.coli infection...I have been on Gentamycin (not sure about the spelling) 6 mil daily, for seven days...seven days will be Sunday...I still have the smelly discharge and the awful side effects of such powerful antibiotic; I am getting shots as an outpatient because I didn't want to check myself in the hospital and then be hit by the bills...I have another app with my Dr. on Monday, to follow up...if this hasn't cleared, then another round of shots, which I am not looking forward...I feel horrible, this nasty smell...the discharge....OMG... anyone else has had this problem??
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Mar 24-Mar 30,2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by claraines73 View Post
Hi!
This is my second posting...this is my 6th week post-op...I had my surgery down in South America (where I am originally from); I live in the States, but we don't have insurance, so it was easier to have it done down there.
I came back to the States 15 days after my surgery...with the OK from my gyno, however, I had some discharge that my Dr. said it was "normal", also I had a not so pleasant smell to accompany the discharge..days have gone by... the smell got worse and so did the discharge. Finally I went to see my regular, local Dr. in town and after a pelvic, blood work and a smear, he calls and tell me I have an E.coli infection...I have been on Gentamycin (not sure about the spelling) 6 mil daily, for seven days...seven days will be Sunday...I still have the smelly discharge and the awful side effects of such powerful antibiotic; I am getting shots as an outpatient because I didn't want to check myself in the hospital and then be hit by the bills...I have another app with my Dr. on Monday, to follow up...if this hasn't cleared, then another round of shots, which I am not looking forward...I feel horrible, this nasty smell...the discharge....OMG... anyone else has had this problem??
Thanks!
So sorry you're going through that. I was in the hospital last year with an e-coli infection. I don't think I've ever been that sick. Then the strong antibiotics they put me on gave me the runs. They said I should have been put on probiotics also. I hope you're feeling better soon. Sending you
Unread 05-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Re: E-coli after hysterectomy

Thanks so much chitownlily...hugs back to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register