Ready to post my concerns and fears | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ready to post my concerns and fears Ready to post my concerns and fears

Unread 05-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Ready to post my concerns and fears

I have been educating myself with this site since I joined. Now that I finally have a surgery date, I have noticed I am stepping up getting everthing "in order" (house cleaned, questions asked, etc. etc.). And I am (also) now ready to post.
My surgery date is June 18th. The doctor had decided last fall that I had rectocele and incontinence issues. My options being 1) wait, 2) a pessary or 3) surgery. The second choice was not an option for me and the third he preferred not to unless I insisted. So I went with number 1. This spring, the symptoms came back with a vengance. In April I was told of plans for surgery including a hysterectomy. But he hesitated to discuss much more until he heard back from the urologist.
Since then I have read and learned a lot from this site and therefore made an appointment to speak with him again before surgery. I definitely feel the former two issues need to be taken care of but I need to have him explain to me what changed so much in my uterus in the past year to warrant a hysterectomy. Perhaps he has a wonderful, concerned and educated answer but in the absence of that I am nervous.
I will get my questions answered on June 1st, but I was wondering if anyone else out there had the rectocele & bladder issues and was a hysterectomy a necessity in your case????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2004, 05:05 PM

Hi ladyliz72,

Have you considered getting a second opinion? I'm not sure incontinence and rectocele warrant a hysterectomy....but I'm no dr either. Your dr obviously knows far more than I do but you have to remember that this is major surgery.

It would seem they could repair both without doing a hysterectomy. But not knowing your history, I'm just posing some questions for you to consider.

I had surgery for rectocele but not incontinence. I did have cystocele which was repaired also as well as prolapsed uterus.

It's good to see you're going to talk with him on Tues. Be sure to question him about the necessity of the hyster....there may be more to it than he's saying right now. But don't rush into anything until you know it's the only option.

Sending you a great big and please keep us posted on what you find out.

Blessings,
Unread 05-27-2004, 11:45 PM

It sounds like you have a good list of ? for your Dr. If your not satified with any of the answers, please get a second opinon. I didn't need one because I had alot of medical reasons to have it done. I'm glad I did, but I was very sure of what choice I made. It is still your choice and body. Best wish's to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register