Tomorrow"s The Big Day.......help !!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow"s The Big Day.......help !!! Tomorrow"s The Big Day.......help !!!

Unread 10-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Tomorrow"s The Big Day.......help !!!

Ok, now I am really nrevous. I have to be at the castle at 7am in the morning. I did pretty good all day, but I guess reality is sinking in. What do I have to look forward to tomorrow ladies?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-16-2006, 09:55 PM

for you !!! If your day goes as mine, you'll be up before dawn... shower, fix hair, brush teeth WITHOUT swallowing water... be driven in your chariot to the castle where you'll be given a lovely bracelet in lieu of a sash... you'll be given a magic potion through the little tube on your arm and then whisked off to sleep before you know it! Just when you are in the deepest sleep of your life, someone will lovinly nudge you and ask you to wake up. Then you'll awaken to see your designated loved one leaning over your bed as you are wheeling to a room. After that, the nurse fairies will deliver you little snippets of potion to keep your body happy. A short time later, your catheter should be removed, your potion drip taken out of your arm, and then you'll be transported to your own castle.
I had no trouble what so ever... never had swelly belly, never any discharge or bleeding, didn't really need my pain meds. I did have a little insomnia but that was my own fault because the first couple of nights I did movie marathons and starting sleeping by day. I did have the big poop event on Day 5 (which is the deadline to poop per my doc). My only half-way downer was localized swelling in my arm where the IV had been. I'm 3 weeks post op today and have already been on shopping meca trips to other cities, job interviews, and house hunting trips. I'm doing housework as if I hadn't been hospitalized and pretty much going to enjoy the remainder of my 3 weeks off work!

Best wishes to you tomorrow... and for a speedy recovery upon your return home!
Unread 10-16-2006, 10:02 PM
gordonk

Thanks for the encouraging words. It always helps for people who have gone through this to tell you how it is. Glad you are doing so well! Thanks for writing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-17-2006, 05:35 AM

Best Wishes on ur journey to the CASTLE....
Speedy recovery, keep us posted....
Take Care Princess JLonn4....
Unread 10-17-2006, 08:19 AM

By now you're at the already, but I just wanted to drop by with one last . Best wishes to you!
Unread 10-17-2006, 08:26 AM

Dear J

I Could not have said it any better than Gordon. I had basically the same uneventful surgery, castle stay and recovery. Four weeks post oop today.
Am impatiently waiting for permission to attack dh.
I cannot believe the time has gone by soooo fast
Back to work in two weeks OH NO....

Hugs and prayers and I will be thinking of you and keeping looking for you on the post op side

Harley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register