new to all this.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

new to all this.... new to all this....

Unread 08-06-2008, 06:52 PM
new to all this....

Hi. I am a newbie to HysterSisters. I had an abdominal hysterectomy on 6/11/08 due to uterine cancer a few weeks before my 35th birthday. A double whammy.. cancer and the surgery. . I also had my ovaries, tubes and 14 lymph nodes removed. The past year truly had been a roller coaster ride for me. I was misdiagnosed up until this summer. My doctor literally told me there was no way I had cancer but then a week later an oncologist told me I did. 10 days later, I had surgery. I was truly blessed that all the cancer was contained! However, I now find myself struggling with believing that I really am home free now. I am doing well physically but emotionally, I am still on the ups and downs. I am much more emotional than I have ever been. I am still adjusting to all the changes that are happening. Surgical menopause is not a pleasant thing, as I am sure others out there know. Anyways, that is who I am and why I am here. For support from people who are or have experienced the same things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2008, 07:00 PM
new to all this....

There's not only a post op forum but a cancer one where I found a lot of support and answers...I bounce(d) back and forth between them. I had been told there was no way I had cancer by my gynecologist as she did a biopsy...then found out I had invasive cervical cancer, met my gyn/onc, and had surgery one week later. All at 28. This was 8 months ago and believe me, the ups and downs are always there. Some days are better than others. When I wait for pap results or ct scan results, I'm a wreck still. I know I'm lucky and blessed, believe me. BUT I did talk to my dr. and he said it was kind of akin to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: now you're truly digesting what you just went through. You're in survival mode, on adrenaline, etc. and then you finally breathe and start to think and are like, "oh my gosh...." Acknowledge what you're feeling, thinking, what you went through. All yourself your feelings. Because if you push them back, they resurface in other ways. You're stronger for all of this...I really do believe that.
Unread 08-06-2008, 07:08 PM
new to all this....

There are a lot of similarities between your experiences and mine, except for the misdiagnosis. I have had a few down times too and some emotional ones thinking about how incredibly blessed I was to have an early diagnosis.

It is encouraging to read the posts of those who are six months and one year out from surgery. It gives me hope that I will get back to a somewhat normal existence with some energy and without the emotional rollercoaster ride I feel. The best advice I have received on this site is to pamper yourself. We often forget to do that!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-06-2008, 07:09 PM
new to all this....

Oceandreamer: Glad you found us. We are here for you to vent, cry or whatever. Just remember there is only one you. Caa00 has great advice.
Unread 08-06-2008, 07:43 PM
new to all this....

My priorities and perspectives on things definately have shifted through all of this. For the first time in a long time, I am putting myself first. Thank you all for welcoming me and for the advice. Hope to see ya'll around here.
Unread 08-06-2008, 08:42 PM
new to all this....

Hi oceandreamer

to Hystersisters!!!

You have come to the right place for support and advice.

Here's a link to the Cancer Concerns Forum . I'm sure that there are ladies there that can support you as well as here in post-op.

We'll see you around.

Blessings on you ...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register