LAVH Return to work | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Return to work Return to work

Unread 06-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Return to work

Hello everybody :-) Before I ask my question.....yes I realize everyone heals differently. But I'm just wondering at how many weeks everyone returned to work? I also realize it depends on the job you do. For all the people that had a laproscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy, can u just let me know at what point u returned to work or are planning to return? My surgery was on May 1st and I'm due to return to work on Tuesday. I last seen doc on May 28th and she said I wasn't healing very well internally and gave me an antibiotic. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to go back. Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Return to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMiller526 View Post
Hello everybody :-) Before I ask my question.....yes I realize everyone heals differently. But I'm just wondering at how many weeks everyone returned to work? I also realize it depends on the job you do. For all the people that had a laproscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy, can u just let me know at what point u returned to work or are planning to return? My surgery was on May 1st and I'm due to return to work on Tuesday. I last seen doc on May 28th and she said I wasn't healing very well internally and gave me an antibiotic. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to go back. Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks!
I had my LAVH on May 15th and returned to work on May 28th. I am a Licensed Professional Counselor so there is a lot of sitting and walking clients to and from the waiting area. So far everything has been good. The first day was a bit rough. I was still a little sore and my hormones were horrible!! I think my whole day was a hot flash lol!! I had everything but my left ovary removed, so I think it is taking a while for my hormones to level out. Other than that, things have pretty much resumed back to normal. I did heal a lot faster than normal according to my doc and feel very blessed. The hormones and constipation are still very annoying though!!
I hope you feel better soon. It is tough when you don't feel well and I don't think you should try and go back to work if you are apprehensive about it. With the doc giving you antibiotics it sounds as though you have an infection. I probably wouldn't chance it. Listen to your body and take care of yourself. Work can wait :-) I hope that helps some and I pray your recovery goes much smoother in the weeks to come :-)
Unread 06-09-2013, 06:00 AM
Re: Return to work

Hi Kelky2008:
I am sitting here reading and posting instead of finishing up some work! I am technically off work, but there is stuff I have to do before school finishes this week (grade reports, etc). I have been to a few meetings and the first few days were rough. Spending an hour at school last week meant going right home to have a nap.

Give your doctor a call Mon am; it sounds like you may not be ready. I hope you feel better soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Return to work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMiller526 View Post
I had a laparoscopic assisted and I took the full 6 weeks offered by the dr. I work in a hospital and I really wanted to be as close to pre surgery strength as possible. If you are still having issues, try and postpone going back. Your body is telling you not yet! I felt like I was ready at 6 weeks. ( although I got a bit spoiled laying around and napping!)
Unread 06-10-2013, 07:45 PM
Re: Return to work

Well seen doc today and she put me off for another week. Said my tenderness is coming from scar tissue. She used silver nitrate sticks to treat some scar tissue inside. Now my discharge is black...gross! Needless to say I'm very sore this evening. Also, not hysterectomy related....when I had my hysterectomy, doc had to remove a labial cyst, also. My labia is still tender and getting inflamed. She said in about three months she's gonna have to remove more tissue from my labia. Talking about a tender spot! Not looking forward to that. For now all she wants me doing is taking short walks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register